Any Linux Gurus here

Status
Not open for further replies.

crorepathi

Broken In
I subscribed to CentOS Virtual private server...Now i want to install VNC to view my remote desktop...But i cant due to error messages..Any Linux gurus..Please help me...My yahoo IM id is jeyasinghponnuraj
Crorepathi

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
u shud have posted ur query here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Post reported

Anyways i dont know the answer

OP
C

crorepathi

Broken In
I am using a remote VPS Server which i can assess only by ssh...When i tried to install vnc..I got the error message that Xauth not found on ur path...googled it and i am directed to install xfree86 which i had done from www.xfree86.org So when i gave command Xfree86 -configure I got error message that (couldn't find /Dev/tty0)

but vnc server installed and asked for password and i had given the password...but when i try to launch VNC Viewer from my machine ...i got the errormessage...connection was refused 10061..

Yes..I have opened Dev directory and there is no tty0...Googled and have done ./MAKEDEV tty0 and the directory shows the file tty0 now eventhen i am getting the same error
Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

But when i run vncserver it runs correctly..but vncviewer from my side gives the error meesage that connection resfused error 10061...

I am ready to give my ssh login info to Gurus for fixing this problem...
crorepathi

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
hey d00d, have a look at this
*www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?threadid=338465
this one seems similar to your problem. watch the discussion over there.

And look whether this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom