Any heating problem in D915GAV mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkyardmob

Broken In
Hi friends

i am planning to buy a computer intel PIV 630 (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz) with intel original D915GAV motherboard.

i want to know that this motherboard has heating problem as i have read somewhere?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i am using the same motherboard with a intel pentium 4 520 (2.80 ghz , 1 mb l2 cache) and i dont face any heating problem or any problem for that matter.

vasulic

Journeyman
iam using the same intel PIV 630 (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz) with intel original D915GAVl motherboard. i don't have any problem

goobimama

 Macboy
I do have a problem. The temperatures stable at 55-60 degrees at normal conditions. Haven't stress tested it yet. Also, the motherboard temperatures also touch 50 degrees sometimes. The Intel Desktop Utility used to give a warning after like 10 minutes of usage...But I turned it off.

goobimama

 Macboy
I do have a problem. The temperatures stable at 55-60 degrees at normal conditions. Haven't stress tested it yet. Also, the motherboard temperatures also touch 50 degrees sometimes. The Intel Desktop Utility used to give a warning after like 10 minutes of usage...But I turned it off.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@goobimama
download the latest version of the intel desktop utility from the intel website , the older versions had some problems reporting the correct temps. i too had faced a similar problem but after downloading the latest version , everything is perfect. i also suggest u download the lite version of the software and not the bloated full version.

@cryptid
this board does not have 128 mb of onboard vga exactly but it is called dynamic video sharing or something which automatically adjusts the graphics memory according to your needs. the onboard vga is not all that gr8 though , its just sufficient for low resolution low quality gaming.

Tech&ME

Banned
I remember posting my reply in here, where did it go ? :?:

Anyway, I put it again.

The motherboard has no issues with heating, I am using it.

But yes there could be a heating issue with the processor, since Prescott processors from intel family are faster but have some sort of heating problem. (Not to be worried about though!)

I am using a similar processor to the one you plan to buy , its a PIV 730J (3 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz) and have no problems as of now. But my advice would be, try to buy Intel recommended cabinet, with airguide.

cryptid

Journeyman
@Mohit
Wat about the Intel 945G chipset it suppose to have onboard 256mb vga is that good enought for gaming (the latest high graphic games) or after buying this chipset can i add another Graphic card to it like a 128mb graphic card will it increase my gaming experience(will the 256 onboard and 128 graphic card acts together and become 384mb graphic card)

Tech&ME

Banned
cryptid said:
@Mohit
Wat about the Intel 945G chipset it suppose to have onboard 256mb vga is that good enought for gaming (the latest high graphic games) or after buying this chipset can i add another Graphic card to it like a 128mb graphic card will it increase my gaming experience(will the 256 onboard and 128 graphic card acts together and become 384mb graphic card)

Who on earth told you this chipset or say this motherboard has 256MB onboard VGA ?

Actually, the capacity of the onboard VGA depends on your installed RAM.
The onboard VGA uses a shared memory with your installed RAM.

Hence when you have say a 256MB DDR RAM installed, the onboard graphics chipset will configure itself to use a minimum of 8MB and maximum of 64 MB by default for use as a Graphics output capacity from your 256MB RAM.

So, the system will get 256 - 64 = 201 MB of available memory with it.

However, you can install more RAM and increase the capacity of the Graphics to 128 or 256MB , if you install a totol of atleast 1 GB or more RAM.

And hence, no one does it practically. And people opt out to buy a Graphics card instead.

rachitar

Journeyman
Give Up
This guy posted the same thread twice
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30567&highlight=
Half of us replied there and the other half here
And i was wondering why did my post get deleted :roll:

OP
J

junkyardmob

Broken In
@rachitar

sorry for the inconvenience you had, actually i wanted more people's advice so i put it in QNA forum also. i thought that generally who sees the reviews in QNA does not see in hardware reviews.

once again sorry

Padikkal

Broken In
See my posting

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30470

I am finding the error message as The CPU was previously shut down due to thermal event( over heating).
I am finding the error message in cold start also. How CPU over heat in 2 to 4 seconds , even the proc fan was running !!

But I could not trace the problem, and I am not blaming 915GAV MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom