Any Cedega Users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
nope cedega is commercial gaming solution for gnu/linux. Ofcourse i uses winex, but have some additional dlls to smooth the play.

Cedega allows Windows-based games to run on Linux, out-of-the-box, seamlessly and transparently. With Cedega, TransGaming does not require any access to a game's source code but, rather, runs the Windows executable on Linux. In simplified terms, Cedega loads a game's binary into memory on a Linux system and then dynamically links to code that provides an implementation of the Win32 APIs that the program is using. The APIs that Windows games are mostly built on top of are primarily based on Microsoft's DirectX system. These APIs include facilities for handling 3D graphics (Direct3D), mouse and keyboard input (DirectInput), audio (DirectSound), and so on. TransGaming works to create Linux compatible versions of these APIs that work on top of the Linux equivalents such as OpenGL, X11, and the OSS and ALSA sound APIs. An important attribute of Cedega is the complete support for third party engines and SDKs such as Bink, Lithtech, Miles, Havok, Renderware, etc. Cedega is the culmination of several years of effort on these API and our engineering team's knowledge of DirectX is probably second only to Microsoft's own.

I've installed cricket 2005 demo on cedega and works likes a charm. I've bought some games like Mafia and C2k5. Mafia works fine on Cedega, but C2k5 not. Thats why I ask.

And I'm running some applications like Brittannica Quizmaster and Encyclopaedia Brittannica (given by digit) with cedega.

More info here
Supported Games

e-freak

Broken In
Does Condition Zero play well with Cedega? If yes where can I get Cedega? Any advice is welcome. Thanx!

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Condition Zero is there in the supported games list.
*transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=3356

Cedega is not free. You have to subscribe to their service. Or ou can cownload the cvs source. refer to their website for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom