Status
Not open for further replies.

k_blues24

Journeyman
Hi
I want to know which (free) Antivirus program is the best. Low on system's memory & having strong anti virus protection sheild. Also tell me good anti hacking tool (free).
I using Avast 4.7 Home Edition.
thanks in adv.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
search forum this issue has been discussed so many times that you will get your answer easily and btw wat is tis anti-hacking tool?

anandk

Distinguished Member
Avast or AVG !? this has always been the never-ending debate among these two major freeware av. with regards to the PROTECTION here are my observations :

avast in my opinion, is MUCH better at detecting virus files inside compressed (zip'd) archives. even AVG's complete scan will NOT detect ALL infections inside the Zip files. and if the compressed files are .rar or other formats, avg's odds of detection are even less.

next : detection of email borne viruses in avg is at best average.
if u have outlook express 6 client as part of windows xp, u could easily endup updownloading and saving some common email borne viruses. its only at the time of extraction or saving the extracted infection that avg gives a warning ! AVG even with using the outlook express plugin, u could download the virus to your machine as an eml file, and it wont even warn when u open the eml file.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
One big advantage of AVG is that you don't need a net connection to update the virus database. You can update from a folder. As far as i know Avast doesn't have that.

About the zipped folder, i am not so sure, I once had a collection of viruses zipped and encrypted. AVG got that and locked me out of it. AVAST didn't. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Avast also has update files that can be downloaded and installed separately. These come in the form of self-extracting executables. Even digit was providing this a few times...

AVG Free version does not remove viruses, but only detects them AFAIK... Go for Avast... I have found it to be better than AVG. I used AVG for a long time and when I changed to Avast, I found it much better. AVG is lighter in terms of resources, but in every other department, I think Avast is better...

Not sure what you mean by Antihack software... Do you mean Firewall (try Kerio Personal Firewall or Zone Alarm Personal), Anti-spyware (try Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft Adaware) or perhaps other specific software such as RootkitReveal from SysInternals, HijackThis, etc.?

Arun

shaunak

Tux Fan
47shailesh said:
Go For Kaspersky It's Best
And Rem'ber Every S\w On Earth Is Free

LOL: ten on ten for that!

My opinion go for avast!
>TRULY FREE
>lighest
>fastest
>best
>Virus recovery database is cool

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Been using Avast after using uninstalling Norton.

My Observations about Avast
1. Low on System memory
2. Very frequent n small updates
3. Quite Fast
4. Works w/o slowing System
5. Virus detection Excellent
6. A bit cumbersome to use(very little,bt still)

Conclusion

Go for it. Its the best out there n remember NO software is PERFECT

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yeah Avast isnt bad atall... but I would aslo recommend to use the 3 mpnth Trial of the Microsoft Windows OneCare Live... I am useing it for a long time now... and its really performse gr8...

mediator

Technomancer
Yeah! Avast is very good never failed on mah lappy! But kaspersky is ultimate succeeds when all fail.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. NOD32 is an awesome one , though its not free (but u know there are ways to fix this) ... try that , and u won't have to worry about anything else .. This is the first "install and forget" application that actually does its job pretty good for me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom