Antivirus Reviews <AV-Comparatives>

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
AV-Comparatives

On this site you will find independent comparatives of Anti-Virus software. All products listed in our comparatives are already a selection of some very good anti-virus products. In order to get tested by us, companies must fulfill various conditions and minimum requirements..

The following products were used in the last comparative (with best possible settings):
Look into the online results to determine the exact version number.
Avast! Professional Edition 4.7
AVG Professional 7.1
AVIRA AntiVir Personal Edition Premium 7.01
BitDefender Professional Plus 9.5
Dr.Web for Windows 95-XP 4.33.2
ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus 2.51.26
F-Prot for Windows 3.16f
F-Secure Anti-Virus 6.12
G DATA AntiVirusKit (AVK) 16.0.7
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
McAfee VirusScan 11.0
Norman Virus Control 5.81
Symantec Norton Anti-Virus 12.2
TrustPort Antivirus Workstation 2.0
VBA32 Workstation 3.11.0

Notes:

1. The test done this month is the retrospective test, which is done using 3 month old signatures. This is done so that one can test how much can an antivirus detect heuristically (without having signatures for that virus).
2. Please link only to *www.av-comparatives.org DO NOT link to any other page. Also do not copy paste results here.
3. This site is known is the whole AV industry to be the most reliable and un-biased.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Waiting for further results... :D

See this..
*www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/overview03.gif

I think NOD32 is the best AV currently available ;)

forever

filth is me
can someone advise me a free antivirus sw, i tried avast and bitdefender 8 but both had some issues,any1 with good detection , i dont intend to use it for real time protection as i dont have the RAM for it ,ty.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
forever said:
can someone advise me a free antivirus sw, i tried avast and bitdefender 8 but both had some issues,any1 with good detection , i dont intend to use it for real time protection as i dont have the RAM for it ,ty.
Try AVG

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
AVG has very very poor detection rates..and avast also....its just ppl's illusion that "avast rocks"...:p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Lol, dont make this thread into a "What is the best for me" one please. Let's wait for AV-C's results :p

I use - None. Lol, a HJT and the Task Manager do fine, till now. You must know your way around the net ;)

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yes, i made this thread so that we dont get a zillion "what av is the best" thread every month. Just refer to the site i gave and make sure to read everything ther, not just the results.

blackpearl

The Devil
As far as detection and speed is considered, AntiVir and NOD32 is the best.
I have tried different AV myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom