Antivirus Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
my Kaspersky Internet security suite is about to terminate as my subcription will end(cant go in 4 another sub bcoz of certain issues)
So which (GOOD) free antivirus shud i go 4?
My mind is on Avast...but friend says detection rate ain't that good..:eek: :(
So guys can you all give me some other GOOD options?:?:
Thanx in advance....

anandk

Distinguished Member
go for avast + adaware + za combo
OR
avg av + avg anti-spy + za combo.

incidentally, for general info; kaspersky has blacklisted a lot of keys recently. ;-)

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
avast! is good in detection rates. To add to it, it has exclusive VRDB function which is extremely useful under worst scenarios. Also it has got decent web and network sheild. Go for it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you can give Active Virus Shield a try.

its free & its based on Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Free??? really??? well if you want a "free" antivirus then avast! in the only good option ......but its no where near Kaspersky.. :twisted: .....

yeah! if avast is compared to Kaspersky or NOD32. :twisted: .it sucks!! big time :twisted:

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
when i try to install Zone Alarm with Avast....it disables the web shields of avast.....or at least ask to do that...
Is it not harmful and make a security hole for the system?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
anandk said:
incidentally, for general info; kaspersky has blacklisted a lot of keys recently.;-)

yeah i was woundering all of a sudden every where people are asking same question of any other Free utilities as good as KAV...

yeah Avast or AVG with Spybot or Adaware and Zone Alarm is a good option... but i think if one can afford should keep continue with Kaspersky... :) or if some one doesnt like KAV then NOD32 is also a great AVS...

anandk

Distinguished Member
dissel said:
when i try to install Zone Alarm with Avast....it disables the web shields of avast.....or at least ask to do that...
Is it not harmful and make a security hole for the system?

no. za vill take care of ur pc.

Vyasram

The pWnster
anandk said:
incidentally, for general info; kaspersky has blacklisted a lot of keys recently. ;-)

yeah me too was wondering , why kasperky became a top-10 hit in torrent sites yesterday

active virus shield has kaspersky's detection rates though it lacks some features

and i cant understand why no one recommends avira antivir classsic - easily the best free av around

FŘēēβǿǿtēŘ

Right off the assembly line
anandk said:
go for avast + adaware + za combo
OR
avg av + avg anti-spy + za combo.

I second that. Avast! is the best free AV. ;)

anandk

Distinguished Member
Vyasram said:
and i cant understand why no one recommends avira antivir classsic - easily the best free av around

i too wonder y people (inclu myself) just recommend avast/avg while avira is also equally good...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@samrulez, its very true about Avast vs. Kaspersky dude :D

I wonder why there isnt a "SPOILER TAG" here in Digit Forum in the Gamerz section, that is.:)

Last edited:
OP
thewisecrab
Thanx guys........so based on u r opinion,i shud go 4
Antivirus:Avast
Firewall:Zonelarm
Spyware:Ad-aware
Tell me if it is reasonable.......

anandk

Distinguished Member
thewisecrab said:
Thanx guys........so based on u r opinion,i shud go 4