Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not mine, its in one of the placed i frequent for work, theyve alloted me the PC. Otherwise I would just have installed a Gen2 ISO on it as recommended above.

The thing doesnt cause much trouble per se, but may be it is doing some more wrongs in the background. Issue is the that machine is heavily restricted in terms of usage due to the work policy, preinstalled Norton, Trend Micro, admin rights not given, USB blocked... so the only option i have is to look around in startup/services/processes etc. i guess.
It is most likely an adware which came bundled with some free software & the reason why not detected by antivirus as many antivirus by default don't scan for PUP(potentially unwanted program)/adware. Without admin rights you can't do anything about it either.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Avg used to have that feature, not sure whether its still supported or not.
Avast also
1660120720744.png

quicky008

Technomancer
is it worth purchasing kaspersky antivirus when kaspersky security cloud's free version already includes an antivirus component? Does the free version work as well as the paid version (ie the dedicated kaspersky antivirus software)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is it worth purchasing kaspersky antivirus when kaspersky security cloud's free version already includes an antivirus component? Does the free version work as well as the paid version (ie the dedicated kaspersky antivirus software)?
Depends on how kaspersky perform on your system. Free version will obviously lack some features of paid version most importantly being lack of settings to set various exception rules I am guessing.

quicky008

Technomancer
it works rather well on my pc and doesnt cause any slowdowns.How serious are the allegations that kaspersky is in collusion with the russian government and spies on its users covertly?

shreeux

Movie Buff
Used all demo-free versions...Take 1 year paid version of Kaspersky Total Security...Again Tried Bitdefender Total Security & Esset...all were annoying
Again purchased 3 year Paid version of Kaspersky Total Security.

Check Here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it works rather well on my pc and doesnt cause any slowdowns.How serious are the allegations that kaspersky is in collusion with the russian government and spies on its users covertly?
Well that certainly is a concern but not going to be an issue at least for a typical person that too an Indian living in India.

Top Bottom