antivirus confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i got realy confused after seeing so many antivirus's. i want to ask if avast! is really reliable? is it better than norton?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I find avast reliable. I used to use it. I find it better than norton as norton used to be a big resource hog in the past, dunno how is it now. I found a good detection rate in avast. Also, considering the recent norton's rootkit controversy, it would be good to choose avast over it.
BTW post in correct section if you expect answers to your questions.

anandk

Distinguished Member
avsta and avg are Great freeware antivirus.
stick with them ! no need to really pay for one !
also download and use a anti-spyware like adaware or spybot.

rajas700

Youngling
saurabh.sauron said:
i got realy confused after seeing so many antivirus's. i want to ask if avast! is really reliable? is it better than norton?

None can beat Norton Internet Security.Even though it take's some space it work's fine.many people say that it's a slow one.But when u go on use it u won't feal that i use it for 3 year's......

*img106.imageshack.us/img106/173/h4hj.th.jpg

And none of the antivirus give's all the feature's.........

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well i just wanna know which AV is the least resource hogger?? Currently i am under the impression that its Panda AV. If there is any AV thats faster and has an average protecing capability plz tell me :)

rajas700

Youngling
sujithtom said:
Well i just wanna know which AV is the least resource hogger?? Currently i am under the impression that its Panda AV. If there is any AV thats faster and has an average protecing capability plz tell me :)

Why don't u wan't 100% protection???????

anandk

Distinguished Member
avg and nod32 r said to leave the lowest memory footprint. bitdefender, i rate highly; but its freeware version doz not give fulltime protection, it can only act as a on-demand scanner.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Always using Kaspersky and will :| My antivirus was never infected my any virus unlike others except Kaspersky :|

djmykey

Let the music play.....
My experience with NOD32 was that it was the root cause of all the hangs my system has started to get now-a-days. After using KAV for a reeeeeallly long time I thought of to give NOD a shot but that AV was just too heavy for my system given that KAV used to run nicely on my system. When I checked I saw that NOD also took up the same RAM as much as KAV. Now which ver u ppl were using I dunno but my NOD was eating up almost 20 MB RAM. Its startup was painstakingly slow and it used to frequently hang my machine. See I'm not starting any war o anything this is just my personal experience and hence I just thought to shar it with ya ppl/

hpotter606

Journeyman
I found avast a good antivirus and it is easy to use and uses less memory. Currently i have installed Ez trust antivirus and it doesnt seem good. I will switch back to avast now.

rajat22

In the zone
What the resources will do if there is no system....taken away by any virus :?:
Play very safe.... I prefer Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom