Antivirus blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello,

I was using NAV 2005 which was working very well on my system.(AMD 64 3200+, MSI RS480IL, 1 GB RAM)....But the only problem was that it was too much of a bloat. So I uninstalled it & tried to install Kaspersky Pro.(which I read on this forum happens to be the best at the moment).
After I rebooted, I found to my dismay that on attempting to connect to the Internet, I got a blue screen saying that some error had occured because of some new software that had been installed & I had to reboot. This happened far too many times, & so I removed Kaspersky :(

My question is that, why did such a thing happen? Why couldn't I successfully configure Kaspersky with my present settings? Is it because I am already using a ZoneAlarm Pro firewall? The firewall has been configured very well....No problems with it. So I am a bit apprehensive about uninstalling the firewall.

Can I ever use Kaspersky on my PC? I DONT want to use lesser known anti-virus packages like Avast, nor do I want to go back to AVG...didnt like it at all..Although I may go back to NAV'05 if I have no other options... :cry:

Cud anyone plz answer my questions? I am using Avast Pro for the time being just as a temporary arrangement.

Could someone plz explain how to configure Kaspersky successfully? Also, cud someone xplain how the Kaspersky antivirus definitions which have been provided with this months Digit CD are to be installed??????? After I clicked on "install", all that happened was that the zip file containing the definitions opened.

Any Kaspersky users in here? Please answer my queries...

Peace...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try Disabling IDS in Kaspersky and install... Its due to a conflict between Zone and KAV ;)

Refer this too > *forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t6120.html

Als u may try the less hogger NAV 2006 if u wish... :)

OP
H

h_kunte

Journeyman
@qwertymaniac
Thanx a lot for the prompt reply...
Could you please explain how to disable this "IDS" thing in Kaspersky?
Also, I will think of NAV 06 ONLY if Kaspersky doesnt work well...:D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Not sure coz I havent used KAV much but anyhow try the Pic Posts @ this link > *forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t98.html

The option must be there to "Enable Network Protection" or sumthing in the installation time...

OP
H

h_kunte

Journeyman
There is definitely an option for "Enable Network Protection"....But do I enable it or disable it?????

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
Disable obviously...

BTW - KAV's Fwall/IDS is good too.. so u can remove Zone too if u wanna go for an all-in-one KAV Security Suite pack ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom