Anti-Virus Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vutonium

Broken In
:?
Can anyone suggest a good antivirus?
I get a Trend Micro Office scan with my Sify Broadband connection.
Should I use that or Trend Micro PcCillin Internet Security 2006?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Not again.............. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comon man..this forum is flooded with antivirus thread...we just dont need any more !
Search the forum and I think you will get ur answer..
And since everybody has his own opinion it will confuse more that what u are right now...
:twisted:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Have been using Avast Home (along with Anti Spywares) for nealy two years and so far there is no problem. And it is free and not resource hungry.

V.Prem Kumar

PC Cillin

pros-

-it is light on resources
-it is easy to configure
-user friednly

cons-

-it hardly detects a VIRUS

I shifted to Avast and I got as many as 9 instances of Virus, detected by Avast.....so go for Avast!...after all it is free!!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
In my case, during the last two years Avast never detected a single virus either in the resident mode or after scanning. But as far as I know, so far there is no infection. May be becase I go only to well known and safer sites and use only firefox!

V.Prem Kumar

planetcall

Indian by heart
for last few months I am using Kaspersky. It is very fast on my machine and I wont hesitate suggesting to have a hand on this one also. I would rate it higher than Norton though.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Avast,AVG,kaspersky(not pro) are the best options. kaspersky is held to be the best in virus detection, AVG has regular database updates...these r my experiences, currently switched to Avast to experiment with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom