Anti-Virus but not anit-resources!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Guys help me out with this
Apparently Norton is the best i agree but i need a antivirus that wont eat up resourses,,,wont hog my pc,,,,,and wont hamper my pc performance..

i have used norton for long time but i aint happy while using it it makes my pc damn slow ryt from start to shutdown......n i need real time proctection enabled ...the .reason - i am almost 24/7 online guy

what do u suggest ??

ujjwal

Padawan
AVG is excellent. In some ways better than norton ... and a very light one. Kaspersky is supposed to be the best antivirus, but personally I haven't tried it.

JAK

What the Heck !
McAfee 8 Entrp Version... :wink:
Nothin can beat it in terms of resouce usage...its the least... :wink:

techdoc

Broken In
i have tried several antivirus softwares avg, avast ,nod32,panda, kaspersky,norton2004,antivir, bitdefender,mcafee ,extendia,etc .this was done after i got infected while running norton and i had to reinstall the os.
the best is kaspersky ,then comes panda ,nod32, avg avast mcafee.etc

if u r looking for less resource hungry softwares go for nod32 v2.12
latest.its fast and consumes so less resources.very good in that aspect .nothin beats it there.also a complete scan takes so little time .ihave 2k and xp it takes about8 min. freeones with less resource using capabilities are avg and avast.

JAK

What the Heck !
suhas_sm said:
jak dude u got a pretty good config so u can that even if u use norton i guesss ;)

hmm... :wink:
But still "Mcafee Virusscan
enterprise version 8" can get the gas out of any other Antivirus available currently in terms of resource usage... :wink:

Note: There is a diference btween Mcafee Pro and Mcafee Enterprise... The later is prefered on servers... :wink:

Journeyman
AVG Free Edition
*Freeware
*Light (Doesn't hog up resources too much)
*good protection

Code:
*free.grisoft.com/

prankzter

Journeyman
avg and avast r resource friendly but not THAT effective...
go in forMcafee 8 if u want a combo of good detection and resource friendly...if detection is ur prime importance, nothing beats kaspersky..no not even norton!!

quad master

In the zone
Extendia Antivirus Pro 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link:- *www.boomerangsoftware.com/

Anti Virus Technologies of Extendia 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Microsoft's Future AntiVirus technology?
eXtendia NOW includes the AntiVirus engine technology that Microsoft recently purchased for possible future Windows and Microsoft products.

Kaspersky world-renowned AntiVirus solution?
eXtendia NOW includes the highly respected and leading AntiVirus solution from Kaspersky labs.

Extendia includes the best of both worlds - all-in-one AV protection

The leading anti-virus solution with advanced data protection provides DOUBLE-ENGINE background scanning for the ultimate in AntiVirus protection. eXtendia AntiVirus AVK Pro provides the highest level of virus protection when both virus detection engines are in use; it provides the same level of protection offered by most AntiVirus competitors with ONLY ONE engine in use, and always provides the best handling of archived or compressed files. eXtendia AntiVirus AVK Pro automatically identifies and removes viruses without interrupting your work; it scans and cleans incoming email; it performs daily automatic Internet Updates. Get the assurance you need. eXtendia AntiVirus AVK Pro keeps you protected against any and all new viruses just as soon as they are identified!

Still i have not tried it but i am sure switching from Norton to
Kaspersky or Extendia AV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom