Antec Sux !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz .......i finally bought an antec 400 w power supply and installed it on my machine but now i cant beleive it , after installing this smps i am facing heating problems and my "system zone 1 temperature" reaches beyond 55 degree celsius and the intel active monitor on my system keeps pestering me ........ all this after i installed an antec smps ..... i never faced such issues with the original ibox (350 w) smps which i was using previously...... my config is on my siggy ...i am using a very well ventilated cabinet (ibox grantsdale) with 2 fans (i back , 1 front) ..... i dnt know why is my system overheating then ??? and also it started all after using antec !!! :(

Guyz plz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make your CPU box dust free.

Check...Are the fans rotating at good speed...must be around 4000 rpm and above..If not...try to clean ur CPU fan..and check is it rotating smoothly.
if not oil the fan...just one to two drops..and try to smooth it...
even not smooth rotating...just replace your CPU fan with branded one.

Apply thermal paste...on Processor.....

That's it...I wish your problem to solve....Don't experiment on system..with my suggestions...if you have certain experience then go ahead..otherwise call a technician.

All the Best...

anishcool

TE God
ramakrishna.nalla said:
Make your CPU box dust free.
oil the fan...just one to two drops..and try to smooth it...
even not smooth rotating...just replace your CPU fan with branded one.

Apply thermal paste...on Processor.....

Chill dude. Don't heat up like your system. Just use common sense if your system was working fine before the Antec SMPS then the problem is with the SMPS, not with the Processor :!: Why apply thermal paste et al just clean out your cabinet and that's it.

As for the heating, check if the SMPS is faulty. If so get it replaced.

You said you have one fan at the back and one at the front. While installing the SMPS you might have changed the polarities of the fans. That is, both maybe blowing air in the cabinet, giving no ventilation whatsoever. Check that out too.

If nothing works, contact Antec customer support and let them know of your problem, they will do something.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz thanx for ur suggestions ...... well firstly i dont think my processor is overheating , it is just the "system zone 1 temperature" , the processor zone temp is perfectly fine ... also i had mailed intel and they told me it is okay if the sys zone temp heats upto 5-10 degrees more than the thresholds of the intel active monitor. the only modification i did to my cabinet was that i removed the so called "Chimmney/Vent'" provided by Iball on the cabinet side panel... i did this coz i thought it might obstruct with the smps wires .... i think the problem is with the smps fans ( antec has a base fan also on its smps ) i think that base fan is blowing hot air on the system and its not getting ventilated........ any suggestions on how to fix this problem ?? and ya i would like to mention that i have a very clean system as i vacuum it once every 1-2 months and also i have an a.c in my room .... i still dont knw y it is overheating ??

anishcool

TE God
mohit said:
i think the problem is with the smps fans ( antec has a base fan also on its smps ) i think that base fan is blowing hot air on the system and its not getting ventilated........

that's exactly what i told you. now that you have three fans (excluding the rear SMPS)configure it like this :

front fan takes in air from front, as it is clean and unobstructed.
rear fan blows air out, and let the smps fan remain as it is. for info on how to change the direction in which the fan blows pm me.

you said you have an ac in ur room. then it is perfectly fine. If your going to use the pc for very long hours (5 or more) you could consider taking off the side casing. that should be enough.

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom