Antec Smart Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i am planning to buy an Antec Smart Power 400 Watts power supply for my machine (config. on signature) ..... Please tell me if it will be sufficient or not. Also please post your experiences/reviews about the same product. I am getting it for 3300/- (tax included) and i am buying from kolkata. The dealer tells me that it has a 3 year warranty but i will have to claim the warranty from Antec and not from the dealers. Is that true ? Please post your comments/suggestions urgently as I will be buying it tomorrow.

For specifications/details please see the following link

*www.antecindia.com/smart_power_400.html

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
2700 for chennai,probably

outside it add 10% tax,probably

then transport
should be for beyond 3000

dealer may take bit profit hence 3300

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt

Howz the power supply ? Is it good value for money or not and any problems with the same ?

quad master

In the zone
A power supply is judge by the amperes it delivers on the +3, +5, +12
lines

Antec Smart Power delivers
+5 - 38A*
+12 - 18A
+3 - 28A*

* +5V and +3.3V combined output: 240Watts max.
* +5V, +3.3V and +12V combined output: 380Watts

A powersafe 400Watts or 500Watts PSU will be cheaper than antec
400W - 1500Rs
500W - 2000Rs

Power safe Goldplated PSU is my recommendation.

Purchasing a Power safe PSU will save u some money.

Antec is the best no doubt.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
due check antecindia.com ,the 12 line in 450watts should prably give 25amperes

also powersafe is same as L&C abrod probably and not recommended to take

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The drawback is in india we donot have very many options as far as smps is consern the only three branded smps makers are Antec, power Safe and Aebronics. All others are the run of the mill stuff, so in therse the best choice is the Antec one.
Otherwise given a choice there are things like dual 12V rail (one for the cpu and one for the rest of the system) that are a must as per new regulations, smps suporting this are just not available to us here.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
india;
no1-antec
no2 from what i have heard-starnet

powersafe actually is not an interantionalyy good named brand
and zebtronics probably may not be ,too cheap isn't it for that

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry Sir
They are not the best infact not even in the top five. Any way beggers cannot be choosers as the saying goes its the best we get in india and thus is our safest bet.

pradeep_chauhan said:
Sorry Sir
They are not the best infact not even in the top five. Any way beggers cannot be choosers as the saying goes its the best we get in india and thus is our safest bet.

man that hurts but we can demand for the best but price matters for us. Atleast don't say that man. Be good to our men and urself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom