Another Graphics Card Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
1st Sorry pple there r many Similler threads going on ......but still am starting new 1 coz i want to know the ans to the q i am asking.....and i dont mean to Smap so plz no Flaming Posts.....

Ok i was reading some reviews bout graphics cards.....and chekin the results of 9800GT.. and X800 ...i came up with a post where a person who has Gforce2 MMX w 32MB ram have played DOOM 3 :shock: ofcoruce @ lower frames ......can it b true ???

if it is than why Do pple invest in costly Affairs like 9800GT ??? i mean dose'nt it makes sence to go for a bit lower End card like ATI9800 Pro or 6800 Ultra ....coz not only they paly the new games ...but they are able to play certain Future games...with some limitations...ofcourse

and finally is there any desent card below 2.5 to 3k which will let me play Doom 3 and below games..like Max payne 2..Prince of Persia Sand of times ..IGI ...HL1 or may b 2 also ....well i was ready to pay 2.5 k for a MSI Ti 4400 128 MB DDR ..but the Pric shoot up to 3.5 K :cry:

well there is another Issue of wethere Direct X or PCI express ... if i go 4 a new Mobo wat sud i go for Direct X or PCI express ??

well i gess am too confused to deside....help me out pple

NikhilVerma

Padawan
The best thing for U is a second hand card...
Because U seem more price concious...

If u wanna buy a card below 2.5-3k's then I'll say GeForce4 MX4000 as it play all the games listed by you except Prince of Persia coz it uses pixel shaders...

But don't flame me if any of the future game don't work with it....
Coz Pixel Shaders are the way to be...

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
1st Sorry pple there r many Similler threads going on ......but still am starting new 1 coz i want to know the ans to the q i am asking.....and i dont mean to Smap so plz no Flaming Posts.....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

k i was reading some reviews bout graphics cards.....and chekin the results of 9800GT.. and X800 ...i came up with a post where a person who has Gforce2 MMX w 32MB ram have played DOOM 3 ofcoruce @ lower frames ......can it b true ???
Yup.It,s pretty true.....

if it is than why Do pple invest in costly Affairs like 9800GT ??? i mean dose'nt it makes sence to go for a bit lower End card like ATI9800 Pro or 6800 Ultra ....coz not only they paly the new games ...but they are able to play certain Future games...with some limitations...fcourse
Lemme ask u then why ppl go from mumbai to delhi by flight or train when they can walk or cycle to there?Got the point?

and finally is there any desent card below 2.5 to 3k which will let me play Doom 3...&IL-2
None....if u want to enjoy playing it....
Many...if u want it 2 look like your old dos games

and below games..like Max payne 2..Prince of Persia Sand of times ..IGI ...HL1
Yup...i have played MP-2 with a GeForce2MX 100/200 card....IGI & HL1 too

well there is another Issue of wethere Direct X or PCI express ... if i go 4 a new Mobo wat sud i go for Direct X or PCI express ??
Thats an absurd qn altogether......
DirectX and OpenGL are the 3D programming interfaces used by graphics cards.PCI Express is a new type of graphics card using a new standard of PCI bus which is much faster & launched to replace present AGP cards.
If u meant choosing between AGP & PCI Express,go 4 latter.U can find the reasons from various topics on graphics cards.........

geek

Broken In
Hi

i have a related query. I am upgrading my pc and the cost of the basic system (mobo+processor) has gone overboard. Now i have approx 4500 for my graphic card which happens to be a pci-e card. any suggeations for a good buy. i plan to replace this card within 6 mths.

thanx

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
saROMan said:

Ok i was reading some reviews bout graphics cards.....and chekin the results of 9800GT.. and X800 ...i came up with a post where a person who has Gforce2 MMX w 32MB ram have played DOOM 3 :shock: ofcoruce @ lower frames ......can it b true ???

That cud be possible but running d3 on gfx2 wud mean watching a slideshow read less than 30FPS. Also the game settings will be on low without AA and AF. This is turn means u are not playing the games the way its meant to played ! ;)

if it is than why Do pple invest in costly Affairs like 9800GT ??? i mean dose'nt it makes sence to go for a bit lower End card like ATI9800 Pro or 6800 Ultra ....coz not only they paly the new games ...but they are able to play certain Future games...with some limitations...ofcourse
Its a 9800XT, GT is used with Nvidia cards ;) The best deal no matter what says is getting cards which are in the mid segment like the 6600GT cuz they offer a amazing price/performance ratio.

and finally is there any desent card below 2.5 to 3k which will let me play Doom 3 and below games..like Max payne 2..Prince of Persia Sand of times ..IGI ...HL1 or may b 2 also ....well i was ready to pay 2.5 k for a MSI Ti 4400 128 MB DDR ..but the Pric shoot up to 3.5 K :cry:
Get a fx5200 since u have a limited budget. Also if some1 is selling a 9600 2nd hand @ 3-4k dont hesitate to go for it ;).

well i gess am too confused to deside....help me out pple

Umm those are two diff things u r talking abt. U probably meant AGP and PCI-E. PCi mobos r expensive for now but if u want future compatibility then go for em.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
geek said:
Hi

i have a related query. I am upgrading my pc and the cost of the basic system (mobo+processor) has gone overboard. Now i have approx 4500 for my graphic card which happens to be a pci-e card. any suggeations for a good buy. i plan to replace this card within 6 mths.

thanx

Wait for a while dude the 6200 frm NVidia shud b out for PCI-E in Jan and will suit ur budget.

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
Best is that U wait 4 3D1 GFX cards from Gigabyte bcoz they raise the performance ahead Gefoce 6800 ultra bcoz of 2 core in a single card.

U can play doom3, nfs underground, Half-life2 and may b even nfs underground2 on a Geforce 2 Mx .

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
1 st am sorry i ment AGP2/4/8X not DirectX ... :oops:

thx a lot ppple for sheding some lite on the issue

i guess i had mentioned b4 some where that am gettin a new ATI 9000 at 2.5K...sud i go 4 it ??

well lemme be frank with u ....i have been seriously thinking of going for a Upgrade ....3.0HT , Intel PCI Mobo ....etc...but the Project is not Kick Starin due to Lack of Vitamine M :wink: .......

so am lookin 4 a card which i can Couple w my Currnt PIII , 256 MB ,SIS Chipset ....to play few games..am not sayin that i wil play D3 ..i know i cant w my current specs .... but i can go4 some others like Max payne 2 HL1 ..etc
games like max 1 , Fifa 2002 , Future Cop LAPD , etc..play smoothly on my 4MB AGP Machine so a Desent card may help me Exploit some new games also..

so am lookin 4 a card which wll work on my old machine..and if i go4 UPGrd than it sud also work w my new machine...

now the real Glintch is if i go4 a PCI card it wont work wth my current machine..and if i go4 AGP4/8X card it wont work w my new machine
:x :x

and finally am back where i started....i guess i sud 1st go4 a upgrade..and then for a CArd... :oops: Heehee :?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:roll: exactly the problem i was having...
whether to upgrade my AGP card or go for PCI-E one...

the best option wud be to let ur gaming instincts lay low for a while till u have plenty of vitamin m... :wink: hope u understood!!

then go for a gud gaming rig...dat wud cost u around 50k! :twisted:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
i guess i had mentioned b4 some where that am gettin a new ATI 9000 at 2.5K...sud i go 4 it ??
NOP....ati radeon below 9600 wont b a good buy.they became good after 9600 only.Get GeForceFX 5200 or GeForce4 Ti 4200 instead.These will fit into your budget n will allow u 2 play MP-2,HL-1 & FIFA 2002 etc in acceptable frame rates.......

Since u r planning 2 buy a new machine,dont waste much on a card right now......patience pays... :lol:

exactly the problem i was having...
hey grinnie....u never told me that....

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: ...buddy as u'll remember i was the first person who replied to ur "best config for amd 64..??"....nd dat was bcoz i was planning to go for AMD based machine with "AGP" card....but since i instead purchased PCI-E,i had to go for P4 !!!

my loyalty with AMD was broken!!! :x :x

nyway my new machine rocks....!!
i just have to purchase HL2.....nd i'll be watching u from 7th heaven!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nd by the time being i am keeping myself buzy with ghost recon,GTA Vice city....... :roll:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
buddy as u'll remember i was the first person who replied to ur "best config for amd 64..??"....
Yaaa...thats true.... :lol:
But i dont remember u tellin anything abt confusion.... :roll:

my loyalty with AMD was broken!!!
Why??????????????????????????????????????????

nyway my new machine rocks....!!
i just have to purchase HL2.....nd i'll be watching u from 7th heaven!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nd by the time being i am keeping myself buzy with ghost recon,GTA Vice city.......
Fed up with them.....u tried map editing with ghost recon?
n the map of GTA Vice city i downloaded helpd me a lot 2 finish the game...
But no games for me till june next year...... :cry:
Got few hurdles in academic front to cover.... :twisted:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
try jumping those hurdles with sum games on ur bak...
tryin that for the last one year yaar......but the weight drags me down....
anyway i will b buyin games n will keep them waitin to get my hands laid on them soon........:lol:
i bought farcry.....will get HL2,D3 n sims2 soon...... :lol:

tejesh

Broken In
Hi ppl,
I too have a query regarding graphics cards.A bit different , though.
So I think this is a good place to ask (without starting a new thread! ) :wink:
My dealer is selling me an ASUS GeForce FX 5200 128 MB for 6500/-
Is it worth the money or are there cheaper & better alternatives?

theraven

Technomancer
ASUS cards are that expensive
but paying 6.5k for an fx 5200 is sooo not worth it
for that price go for a radeon 9600 NP from club3d/gigabyte
DO NOT go for powercolor version

ASUS is that expensive bcuz of its software bundle mostly
and ofcourse the brand name
any other brand .. today u can get the same fx 5200 for 3k ... even less
think abt it

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
tejesh said:
Hi ppl,
I too have a query regarding graphics cards.A bit different , though.
So I think this is a good place to ask (without starting a new thread! ) :wink:
My dealer is selling me an ASUS GeForce FX 5200 128 MB for 6500/-
Is it worth the money or are there cheaper & better alternatives?

:shock: noooo...not at all worth the money..unless u r going to upgrade within a year again!!!
nd for all the comparisons nd price of diff cards just search a bit...a lot of posts nd threads r already running!!! :wink: :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
tejesh said:
Finally got a XFX GeForce FX 5700LE 128MB for about the same price.
Good buy, nah? 8)

:shock: nooooo....c;mon man how many times it came up on different posts that NEVER go for LE/SE versions...they s***!!...

nyway if u have put in ur hard earned money on it,nd happy with its performance,then who am i to complain!!!.....iam happy too for u...nd happy gaming!!!!! :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom