Another gaming PC config quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunttherock

Right off the assembly line
Yeah i did do some searching and sorta have a config in my head but the prob is i have no clue as to which mobo fits which processor, and stuff like that.

I have a budget of 65-75K so a good system should be available.

+ the whole thing shouldna become obsolete in a year and a half, so pls help me out here

A Tft monitor, an Altec lansing 5.1 spks along with an ATI X300/X600 card are on top of my list so help me out here fellas

cheers

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:roll: :roll: u did "sum" searching nd u were not able to find a single thread which caters to gaming config???.... :shock: strange....

nyway....pentium or AMD...???
hmmm....go for AMD 64 3800+ ... dunno if its available in india or not...

or else go for P4 3.8, 925 chipset board
1 GB RAM
10000rpm SATA 160GB HDD
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4
ATI X300/600 ..... :wink: gud choice..ooops i dont think its available in AGP .... so AMD is out of question :cry:
Pioneer/Sony DVD Writer
TFT ... size depends on $$$ u wanna spend...

hmmm...by the way spending 75K on gaming.... :roll: ...isnt that a lil too much...??

vysakh

Padawan
when did the intel P4 3.8 come
3.6 is the latest one
go for ATi X800 if u want a real performance and i think it will fit in ur budget

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
vysakh said:
3.6 is the latest one

:shock: ....buddddy keep urself informed...!!
check it out here....*news.com.com/Intel+preps+speedier+Pentium+4/2100-1006_3-5439506.html?tag=nefd.top

:D ...NOW DONT ASK ME when will it be launched in India! :wink:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
vysakh wrote:
3.6 is the latest one
....buddddy keep urself informed...!!
check it out here....*news.com.com/Intel+preps+speedier+Pentium+4/2100-1006_3-5439506.html?tag=nefd.top

:lol: it happens yaar..................

chek out this one too:
*www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041115/pentium4_570-01.html

NOW DONT ASK ME when will it be launched in India!
it will be here in feb next year...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
grinning_devil said:
:roll: :roll: u did "sum" searching nd u were not able to find a single thread which caters to gaming config???.... :shock: strange....

nyway....pentium or AMD...???
hmmm....go for AMD 64 3800+ ... dunno if its available in india or not...

or else go for P4 3.8, 925 chipset board
1 GB RAM
10000rpm SATA 160GB HDD
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4
ATI X300/600 ..... :wink: gud choice..ooops i dont think its available in AGP .... so AMD is out of question :cry:
Pioneer/Sony DVD Writer
TFT ... size depends on $$$ u wanna spend...

hmmm...by the way spending 75K on gaming.... :roll: ...isnt that a lil too much...??

ATI X300/600 ..... :wink: gud choice..ooops i dont think its available in AGP .... so AMD is out of question :cry: -------------> Why So? THere are AMD board with PCI Express. :lol:

OP
H

hunttherock

Right off the assembly line
the prob is i meant i cant co-relate the mobo with the processor(sure i know AMD fits AMD mobo's.....)

75K is not a lot when you consider that from circa 2000 A.D. i've been on the same old comp. +that sorta went upin smoke a coupla days back due to a voltage surge, which shorted mu UPS too y'know, so me posting this from my even older pc having a measly 166Mhz @16MB RAM.

+ you guys all talking abt assembled systems, what abt if i go for branded PC any advantage with that?? cause i would get a bit o discount summat like 15% because of a few links :lol:

AMD being my choice, someone could help me as for individual prices(ex-bangalore)??

cheers

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hunttherock said:
the prob is i meant i cant co-relate the mobo with the processor(sure i know AMD fits AMD mobo's.....)

75K is not a lot when you consider that from circa 2000 A.D. i've been on the same old comp. +that sorta went upin smoke a coupla days back due to a voltage surge, which shorted mu UPS too y'know, so me posting this from my even older pc having a measly 166Mhz @16MB RAM.

+ you guys all talking abt assembled systems, what abt if i go for branded PC any advantage with that?? cause i would get a bit o discount summat like 15% because of a few links :lol:

AMD being my choice, someone could help me as for individual prices(ex-bangalore)??

cheers

Well u will probably save if ur gonna get for a 15 % discount on what you would have saved had you gotten an assembled system. The thing with branded systems is the upgrades. They will cost you a bomb. So thats where you will loose out. And also branded PC's dont give you much in terms of flexibility of components. Its pretty much my way or the highway. Also their support will be only for the H/W or S/W that came with the system where in with Assembled they will support u no matter what. So be aware of that.

Best place for you to go and get stuff is from SP road in Bangalore. Prices are quoted in the sticky post on top and there should be more than 500 Rs variance. Mind you socket 939 is not available in Bangalore yet.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:x ...yaa asus a8n ... cudn't locate it when i went for purchasing....had to go with PCI-Ex with intel p4 :cry:

nyway past is past....iam happy with my present config!! :lol:

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
These PCs r really meaty. I think that day is not too far when we "ll b hearing about playing DOOM3 on 1st display, Half-life 2 on the 2nd and FarCry on the 3rd with all effects at their max ie 16xAF and 8xFSAA all with a comfortable frame rate of above 60 at a resolution 1600*1200.
Now that's Some SERIOUS [poWer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom