An Insight Into MS Zune's Preloaded Content...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
A few days ago, I posted that MS Zune will have some preloaded content. It cleared that Zune was video capable, but I was not sure whether it will be video capable at launch, and that if it will be preloaded with video.
Well, that has cleared up now, and it has been confirmed that it will be preloaded with audio as well as video.

The following is the quote of an engineer working at Zune, and who was entrusted the task of testing videos in Zune.

So one of the best parts of my gig over here at Zune is to gather some of the content that is going to be preloaded on the device While the complete list is still coming together I can tell you that there's video and audio and included in the list will be Subpop's CSS...
Also slated will be an offering from Hot Chip who are on Astralwerks here in the US.

This comes from the marketing team of Zune. They have revealed the name of one more band whose content will be preloaded. It will be 30 Seconds To Mars (the band formed by actor Jared Leto, and whose video "The Kill" has been nominated for 2006 MTV Video Music Awards).

Though I wish that if we have to pay part of the royalty that MS will pay to record companies, we should be entitled to somewhat better stuff. More as I lay my hands on it. A Presto...

G

gxsaurav

i m kind of suspicious regarding this engineer source of yours....plz mention the source, else it can all be made up news too

there is no confirmation anywhere, or even rumar

OP
Dreamer

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Ok here you go...

My Source

This is the link of the blog of a test engineer, who works at redmond, and presently is working on Zune.

For anyone still wary of his credibility, you can click on About on his blog. And I was referred to him by another credible source, so no qualms about that.

OP
Dreamer

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
MS Zune, as everyone knows has WI-Fi, but will also enable users to share music, according to sources at record labels. Plus, EMI has officially announced the deal with Microsoft for providing content to Zune. And Universal Music said it is in talks with MS to provide content, but didn't divulge details.

Source for all the above stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom