"An Excellent Implementation of State-of-the-Art Features"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Finding it “a significant leap,” Steven Levy (Newsweek) calls iPhone “a superbly engineered, cleverly designed and imaginatively implemented approach to a problem that no one has cracked to date: merging a phone handset, an Internet navigator and a media player in a package where every component shines, and the features are welcoming rather than foreboding. The iPhone is the rare convergence device where things actually converge.” iPhone, he says, “finally fulfills the promise of people-friendly palm-top communication and computing.”

Read the review

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I guess for a fare and unbiased thread, after arya has posted the pros of iPhone, I should post the cons of iPhone.

iPhone = iUseless

You cannot use iPhone if you are you of Phone Balance

iPhone doesn't have user replaceable battery & it lasts only 400 charges

It cannot make Videos

It cannot send MMS

It only has 2 MP Camera but still costs as much as a Nokia N95

It has no JAVA

It has no Flash

What M I doing? isn't it obvious & public that iPhone = iUseless. :D. Only human beings have the understanding capability to understand why iPhone sux.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the unpaid salesman is trying very hard to get a job at apple i think gx ur talk about paying for ur pc has inspired him so much that he has started spamming on this board .... btw arya if ur getting paid for the refferals do tell me also i wont copy-pasting some1s opinions here ... though i dont like to be some 1s unpaid mouth piece but if im getting paid il make an exception

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
I guess for a fare and unbiased thread, after arya has posted the pros of iPhone
I did not just post the pros. I posted links to review that list both the pros and the cons.

gx_saurav said:
iPhone doesn't have user replaceable battery & it lasts only 400 charges
Every company releases such estimates about how many charges the battery is going to last and most estimates are roughly the same as the iPhone's. The only difference is that the iPhone's estimates have been publicly noticed because it is the most highly anticipated piece of consumer electronics ever. The life-cycle of the iPhone's battery is not short by any benchmark. Now that it has been proven that the iPhone has the best battery life compared to any other smartphone, you just need some other non-issue to harp about.

gx_saurav said:
It cannot make Videos
WOW! A huge drawback. A camera that cannot record videos, what a stu-... wait... it's a phone. Ah well, you still need something...

gx_saurav said:
It cannot send MMS
A genuine drawback, albeit one that does not affect me personally.

gx_saurav said:
It only has 2 MP Camera but still costs as much as a Nokia N95
Cellphone prices are not based on how high resolution pictures the onboard camera can take.
And for the last time ever, let me tell you this - the iPhone is not, and was never meant to be, an imaging phone.

gx_saurav said:
It has no JAVA
Thank God!

gx_saurav said:
It has no Flash
Another genuine drawback. Apple is known for making stupid decisions. I am sure this is going to be addressed in a future software update though.

All said and done, the few shortcomings of the iPhone has strengthened my resolve that I am going to wait for the second generation. God, please help me deal with the temptation till then!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
aryayush said:
Another genuine drawback. Apple is known for making stupid decisions. I am sure this is going to be addressed in a future software update though.
You cant be serious. :lol:

WOW! A huge drawback. A camera that cannot record videos, what a stu-... wait... it's a phone. Ah well, you still need something...
Cellphone prices are not based on how high resolution pictures the onboard camera can take.
And for the last time ever, let me tell you this - the iPhone is not, and was never meant to be, an imaging phone.
gx_saurav said:
It has no JAVA
Thank God!
No offence Arya but you seem to be having a Motherly attitude towards Apple. No matter how many drawbacks it might has....you try to protect them. Ask any Mother of a criminal or anyone.....mera beta mera lal...sabse sarisf aur imandaar...yeh aaisa kar hi nahi sakta. :lol:

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I'm entitled to my opinion and everyone else is entitled to their own. For me, the iPhone has two drawbacks:
1. It does not support Flash.
2. You cannot copy, paste text.

There are other drawbacks too which I noted when I read Walt Mossberg's review but I don't remember what they were exactly. In any case, these drawbacks have made me want to wait for the second generation of the product.

The other "drawbacks" such as the camera being only 2MP and not being able to record video are not drawbacks for me because when I buy a phone, the last thing I look for in it is a good camera. I have a dedicated 7.2MP camera with 10x optical zoom and 16:9 aspect ratio, thank you very much.

So they are not drawbacks for me. What rocks about the device is the sheer amount of innovation that is immediately apparent from the awesome user interface and has been lauded in every single review.

I also had three apprehensions about how much the phone could withstand scratches, how good the virtual keyboard was and how much battery life it had. Thankfully, it excels here because the screen (and the entire body of the phone) is extremely resistant to scratches, the keyboard is very fast and accurate to type on and the battery life is by far the best ever on any smartphone.

All in all, this is one heck of a phone. That is my opinion anyway - feel free to disagree. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya sure every salesman has the right to join which ever company they want to ...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Every company releases such estimates about how many charges the battery is going to last and most estimates are roughly the same as the iPhone's.

My K700i battery is still working even after 3 years. 400 charges, lolz...thats not more then one year & 2 months :D

You call that PMP a phone. Wasn't job said "it is a revolutionary product" which is supposed to bring convergence in our life. oh well.....Jobs is a iHype creator.

A genuine drawback, albeit one that does not affect me personally.

But it does affects millions of other users worldwide.

Sorry, come again. You mean the carl zeiss lens N95 has costs same as my K750i lens. wow, Macboy logic is gr8

Thank God!

...i cannot install application on iphone, I cannot play games on iPhone. I will do all this only after I pay apple & if Apple wants me to use these.

All said and done, the few shortcomings of the iPhone has strengthened my resolve that I am going to wait for the second generation. God, please help me deal with the temptation till then!

Wasn't it u who were singing all along, "iPhone is the be all end all of mobile phones" ;P

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the problem with mac boys is that they have no idea of what efficiently working is ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Law of Salesmanship : Always praise your product, even if it blasts as a nuke when placed close to a Hot chik :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
My K700i battery is still working even after 3 years. 400 charges, lolz...thats not more then one year & 2 months :D
Has anyone in this world used the iPhone for three years yet? Let's comment on the battery issue when issues start arising.

gx_saurav said:
You call that PMP a phone. Wasn't job said "it is a revolutionary product" which is supposed to bring convergence in our life. oh well.....Jobs is a iHype creator.
He hardly ever mentioned the camera. It is a phone, iPod and Internet communicator.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
OMG stop spamming
jsut make a single thread.. why r u tryin to adverstise the iphone.. u r a big apple fanboy it seems
mods wher r u ..mmerge the threads plz :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i reprted every thread the moment he went on his copy-pasting spree ;) he's gone bonkers poor fellow has realised that the iPhone really sux big time so he is going all out for support frm other members but unfortunately his naivety back fired ....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Mods merge the threads, for gods sake its very hard to read 5 threads at once :D.,....aaaaa why m i on Windows, I don't have 5 IE Windows open, I just have one Window with 5 tabs open cos thats all I need, aaaa i m so inefficient :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom