An Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus

Broken In
Hai guys
I started this thread for an advice. I have a Samsung 40 gb pata(5400 rpm)hard disk. my bios is giving me constant message that hard disk status is bad and replace. so i went to Samsung office and gave the disk. They told me that there is no stock. we will sent this to Mumbai(I am in Cochin) and replace it. After two days i got a new hard disk and i was happy. But when i connected to my system i found four logical partions and in which one of them is formatted and all other drives were full of data. So i smell Some cheating there. So i went to properties of the file in that partions.i saw the date of creation of some files as 5 jan 2005 and the formatted drives day is same as the day i got replaced(20 apr 2005).I think they have tried to format the disk, but unfortunately they missed the other drives. So i fell this is a sure case of cheating. If i again give my hard disk back to them and if they give me completely formated, how should i know it’s new or old? Should i report to Samsung support center about this cheating? Please say ur opinion in this, and what will u do if it happens to you.

Hope u will help me.

aadipa

Padawan
Read Samsung HDD Warranty

Point 5 states that
SAMSUNG will replace defective drives with a refurbished drive.

You won't get a new disk for your old disk.

krisjr

In the zone
its a clear case of deficiency on their part.ya refurbished doesnt mean,do like this for sure..u report straight to tem.it doesnt work well or wat...

Sourabh

Laptoping
well when i bot my system the first day i had probs with my hdd

windows just wont install

not even win98

i thot mebbe it was coz of the 120 gb hdd but then next morning went to lamington road and got a new one instead)(replacement)

i guess tht is one of the good things if u buy it from lamington road

kris only way out of this is to format it and wish that its almost as new and continue doing ur work

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz does seagate give new hard drives for faulty/damaged ones when it is in warranty or it also follows samsung's principles ? is there any company which offers true replacement warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom