AMD retail CPU core identification on packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
my friend wants to assemble a new system wid basic processing capability. so he's decided to go in for AMD athlon 64 3000+ socket 939. now the Question is that how can he identify the core of the CPU by just looking at the retail packaging (the box), widout breaking the seal?

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey,

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ is one of the Fastest and most powerful processors in the desktop segment. So dont be under the impression that this will be a low end machine..The performance depends on the rest of the components also, so go in for a decent config, and u have a powwerful rig.

To recognize an AMD cpu, simply look near the bar coded area or the side of the processor box for a string starting with AXDA-XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX- this shows the processor frequency,type, cache,core voltage , etc etc.

Well, u can check this tech document, which is self explanatory at AMD website. address below ::This is a pdf document, so u need acrobat reader or similar software tp read it...

*www.amd.com/gb-uk/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/Processor_Recognition_Rev05_ENG.pdf

hope this helps u.

geekysage

Journeyman
Don't know if athlon X2 3800+ manchester (dual core) is available yet in india but if you want one, visit the link in my signature.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
geekysage said:
Don't know if athlon X2 3800+ manchester (dual core) is available yet in india but if you want one, visit the link in my signature.

u r going against the rules .. this forum is not a place to start a hardware business... reporting u to the mods.

geekysage

Journeyman
@mohit: dude, i am not running/starting a regular business. I am visiting India in September...just wanna help you guys get the good stuff@reasonable prices and make a li'l profit on the way.

Look at my signature, it clearly says that i will not be taking any orders after August 20th. Hope you get my point.

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey geeky ..

Ur intentions are good and kool and is a helping hand for the one in need..But all r vary of ur identity as lot of such ideas fooling around....

geekysage

Journeyman
@premrajeev: Man, i completely understand your concerns but I don't have much to offer you when it comes to proving my genuine intentions. I know lots of people are ripped off in the past by Canadian/American NRIs running similar deals. In fact, i personally know one guy who got ripped off by a Canadian based NRI for an iPod photo deal before coming to me. Now he's happily enjoying his iPod experience.

You gotta understand that in most of such cases, the sellers were/are lowly paid workers working abroad and they see chance to make a quick buck by running such scams. I am spending in excess of Rs. 13 Lakhs each year towards my college degree so the cost of a computer accessory that you'd pay me is petty cash for me. Don't get me wrong here, i am not trying to be pompous or boast of what i am. These are the facts, think logically.

Believe me or not, I am running this deal just to help people in getting their dream gadget (nobody was there to help me when i needed my dream gadget and i had to pay freaking thousands of rupees to get a Mercury CD-MP3 player.) I have a part-time network admin job on campus which pays me pretty good - 9.5/hr, so whatever extra amount I am taking will just offset the involved opportunity cost. Gotta consider these things, after all, I am taking a Microeconomics course this term :lol:

I had people asking similar questions in Feb'05 when i posted deals in the bazaar section before my last trip, alas, the old posts got deleted somehow but have a look at this google cached view of my last trip's posts. Eventually, the same people came to my forum and bought stuff from me. I would try to get a testimonials page up in a short while, it should help in clearing whatever doubt you may have.

At last, I'd like to add that this is a mutual trust deal. You trust me with your advance payment and I trust you for your word. What risk am i taking? Well, think what would happen if sombody changes his mind later on and decides not to take the ordered product or pay the full amount. Whatever advance amount i am taking is just a security deposit so that if somebody decides to change his mind, i can get the stuff back in the US and then return it with a 15%-20% restocking fee. It's good that most US stores accept returns with a certain restocking fee.

Peace.

AlienTech

In the zone
Well there are web sites that rates people who do this kind of thing. Kind of like EBay but independent, there are a lot of people who would try to help out others, but also a lot of people who would rip people off and so these rating sites offer one a chance to prove oneself.. The internet was not very well known in india so I never did any business like that before and for most people now it is not worth the effort, like you said, if something goes wrong its your fault and not only do you waste time, money and effort, but they trash your name too. But I did send someone in pune rs25000 for a sex change operation... Hey what can I say, he did look rather good in a dress. And yea I was in a really good mood during the tech bubble.

Like if you check me out you would find out a lot about me :) eg *profiles.yahoo.com/alientech

Member Since 05/19/1997

In fact yahoo wont let you make an id with Tech in there any longer :)

You could probebally start doing this as a side item. Actually I would be intrested in it, not to make money since the money you can make is not worth the effort and much cheaper ways to make money.
But to just get the latest stuff we cant get in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom