AMD questions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

caeser

Right off the assembly line
hey people...
I want to buy an AMD processor that can go in with the K8V - X Motherboard....

Can anyone tell me a good AMD processor to fit in with the K8V - X mobo. ?? My budget is about Rs. 6k. (Please include specifications like L2 cache etc.) I am looking for something on or above 512 kb L2 cache ... i guess 256kb L2 cache wont be sufficient .... right ?
Anyways , Also ... give me all possible processor options that are compatible with the K8V - X motherboard and tell me how much would the K8V - X motherboard cost ?
And does the K8V motherboard support onboard video and sound ?...

Thx...
Good Day :D
Vishal

wise

Broken In
The mobo you have supports AMD athlon 64/ Sempron, socket 754. So there is no great confusion as to which processor you should buy. If your budget is 6K then prolly Athlon 64 2800+or maybe 3000+(with 512 MB L2cache) will be the right choice. For lower config you can go for cheaper semprons(lesser L2 cache and no 64 bit capability).

wise

Broken In
And The K8V-X board doesn't have onboard graphics though it has onboard 6 channel audio. You can get all the info on asus site on the following URL.

*www.asus.com/products/mb/socket754/k8v-x/overview.htm

Hope it helps.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
You wont get any Athlon64 chip for 6k. cheapest you can get is 2800+ which is priced at around 7500/-

Intruder

Broken In
smelling AGP ?

U got a hav an AGP..
worry abt cost?
go for Radeon 9200 series if cost matters..
i got one from gigabyte its really worth the money .. dont go for the GeForce MX series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom