AMD pushes out Spider platform [ AMD <or> Intel ] !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Source :Cnet ,eFluxmedia ,Zdnet

Advanced Micro Devices on Monday is expected to launch the ‘Spider’ platform, which combines the company’s next-generation quad-core processors, graphics cards and chipsets in one platform to deliver better graphics, performance-per-watt and improved high-definition video. Targeted at gamers and multimedia enthusiasts, desktop PCs with the Spider platform include the quad-core Phenom processors and can hold multiple ATI graphics cards to give users the “ultimate visual experience,” according to AMD. The quad-core Phenom processor, also expected to be launched on Monday, will provide the processing power to the platform, and will be initially available in speeds of 2.2GHz and 2.3GHz (priced at $251 and $283). Processor speeds will crank up to 2.4GHz to 2.6GHz in the first quarter of 2008. PCs based on the Spider platform will ship with the ATI Radeon HD 3850 and ATI Radeon HD 3870 graphics cards. The graphics cards support Microsoft’s DirectX 10.1 specification that enhances overall image quality on PCs. DirectX is the primary interface responsible for rendering multimedia, including game images and video, on Microsoft platforms. It also renders better high-definition video with support for UVD (Unified Video Decoder), which results in better HD DVD and Blu-ray images. Spider will support CrossfireX technology, which allows up to four graphics cards to work together to enhance graphics performance in a system. That allows scalability in graphics performance and saves users from investing in graphics chips in the future. Is this finally a move all AMD fans were waiting for? I hope so, they really need to step up to catch the Intel…
*www.efluxmedia.com/content/news/news_10767.jpg
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lets See Intel or AMD

EDIT : Mod Please delete the Thread....My mistake & I apologize for repeat thread

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
^^ This thread is different from that one because that thread talks only about the processors while this is about the unified Spider platform :D

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Performance of spider platform over Intel is a question but the IMPLEMENTATION is Great!! :))

Truely AMD innovation.. like the Phenoms which are 4 cores on a single die. :p

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
(Didn't feel like creating a new thread)

An AMD Spider I found on display in a Taipei Computer Fair last weekend (8,9 Dec). Pics from my digi-cam (sorry for shaky pics)

*img260.imageshack.us/img260/1967/picture159ub7.th.jpg
It's running FOUR separate games and display is projected on EIGHT different monitors all at once.
(Don't ask which games, I don't know :p)

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/7697/picture160uj1.th.jpg
A zoom of the monitor showing off the config

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/639/picture161nc0.th.jpg
The awe inspiring Quad core task manager

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/6893/picture162li6.th.jpg
A (shaky) zoom of the rig. I think if you try hard, you can see the four ATI cards in maroon on the left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom