AMD Overclocking(SORRY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammrcool

Broken In
Hi,
I'm really sorry 4 posting this but i really need help. I know there r mne threads on overclocking but I m new here and though I tried search2 but i couldnt get the right information. Plz can u help me or direct me 2 the right thread.
I have a AMD Sempron 2800+, a epox motherboard(click on the link below 2 c its config) and 256 DDR 400 RAM
*www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=193.

Plz tell me whether overclocking is possible or not and if yes, then how?
I know its irritating but plz help me.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
overclocking is depended on the motherboard.
i have no idea about your mobo but u can find it by yourself just by entring the bios(by pressing 'Delete' button when pc starts).
if your mobo supports overclocking then u should find a place wher u can increase the voltage of ram and processor.
and
if u do not understand what i am saying then wait for some intelegent person to reply to your post :)

AlienTech

In the zone
Get a program like CPUZ *www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

It itself wont let you overclock but it gives you a lot of info. Like which clock chip the mother board uses and stuff and then you go download the utility that works for that clockchip... It will let you change the CPU front side bus (FSB) frequency. There are lots of programs that let you do this but this is the simplest way. You can get like A64 Tweaker that lets you change a lot of memory timings.. But it is very complicated and you need to know what you are doing.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I seriously doubt ur mobo is gonna be conjusive to OCing. Your mobo is VIA chipset based and hence I say so. Check you BIOS options see if your FSB can be increased or not. And your processor might have limited capability. As in it could be multiplier locked or FSB can be increased only to a limited extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom