AMD motherboard !!!! Plz suggest- sidewinder

Which chipset is better for AMD? Sis or VIA

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I have an AMD Athlon xp throughbred 266 mhz fsb 1800+ procy.My motherboard is giving me problem so i ve decided to change it.
Suggest me a board that is cheap ,good performing and supports sd ram

I need 3 pci slots
4x agp
usb 2.0
2 usb atleast

I will be buying a new comp in jan 2005 so don want to shell out much cash.......

theraven

Technomancer
PS: delete this other post of urs
i think u posted 2ce by mistake
delete it before someone posts there too
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8989
mods if ur seeing this !

theraven

Technomancer
i know dude
i understood why u want it
but im tellin u u wont get a mobo that supports it... ull have to look for second hand ones
so either upgrade completely now ... or somehow deal with ur mobo till u can upgrade

[flAsh]

In the zone
nForce 2 with IGP wud be the one that u wud like 4 onboard vga and sound storm technology or go 4 nf2 ultra and plug an agp card

resident_alien

Right off the assembly line
i dont think i can help u with the motherboard problem but i think i can give u a suggestion for jan 2005 u just upgrade it instead and i will tell u a good combination

asus motherboard around 8500 rs i'll tell u the mother boadrs nam enextime i post it has a ingreted ge force 4 mx and a 8x agp slot and chooese a reliable atleast 1ghz processor if u want to play doom3 and due to the agp slot u can even plung in the latest card s and play the games in all their glory well thats all i can say and the upgradtion will cost u about 1300 excluding ram if u want a fast u can opt for ddr or ddr2 or ddr3
ddr is cheap and reliable and u can sell the 256 sd ram stickk becuz u dont need it.in that way u will get the money and use it for the upgradationand for hdd u can go for 40gb for 5000 or more
:)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
resident_alien said:
i dont think i can help u with the motherboard problem but i think i can give u a suggestion for jan 2005 u just upgrade it instead and i will tell u a good combination

asus motherboard around 8500 rs i'll tell u the mother boadrs nam enextime i post it has a ingreted ge force 4 mx and a 8x agp slot and chooese a reliable atleast 1ghz processor if u want to play doom3 and due to the agp slot u can even plung in the latest card s and play the games in all their glory well thats all i can say and the upgradtion will cost u about 1300 excluding ram if u want a fast u can opt for ddr or ddr2 or ddr3
ddr is cheap and reliable and u can sell the 256 sd ram stickk becuz u dont need it.in that way u will get the money and use it for the upgradationand for hdd u can go for 40gb for 5000 or more
:)

Well dont know where you got the info from but ur pricing is all wrong. Asus high end mobo's come at the price u mentioned. Which mobo comes with a geforce4 MX integrated ???? I havent heard ne. DDR 3????? where the hell did that come from ??? DDR 2 itself has just been released and also a lot of the mobo's dont support it. So where did u get the info on DDR 3 ??? ur source of info ??? And dude...u get an 80GB HDD for less than 4k nowadays! Where u gettin ur info from ???????!!!

theraven

Technomancer
hey icecoolz did u bother to think ?
maybe hes talkin 10 yrs in the future and prices are in YEN !!! :lol:
anyways .... stick to the problem .. he isnt askin for a config yet .
and for the last time ... u wont get a mobo that supports sdram that easily anymore ..
o nforce2 DOEST NOT SUPPORT SDRAM either
heres a list of all compatible memory modules with the nforce2
AND THEY ARE ALLL DDR !
*www.nvidia.com/content/nForceMemoryCompatability/lstnForceMemoryCompatibility.asp
heres a look at the chaintech nforce2 with IGP chip ...
*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=696844&CatId=1129
guess which memory it supports ???
DDR !
heres the look at the ASUS nforce2 with IGP chip
*usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-vm-400/overview.htm
guess which memory again ??
well well what do u know ? DDR !!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Raven - the thought didnt cross my mind !! Well guess thats whats called future proofing eh ? ;-) Looks like an upgrade for the mobo alone aint gonna be enuff. Looks like he'll need to upgrade his RAM too...

[flAsh]

In the zone
SDRAM??? its dead , imean its really dead. today sdram r really rare 2 find. iwud suggest u 2 buy a Nforce 2 IGP based mobo with 256mb or 512mb of DDR266. its really very cheap.

theraven

Technomancer
@icecoolz i was kiddin abt the first line hope u didnt mind .. i thot it was funny :lol:
the rest wasnt directed at u personally or directly ...
i was just clearin out so that sidewinder doesnt get confused with all the suggestions :)
im sorry if any of it sounded rude

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
@raven
take it easy mate...I was playing along too...I knew u were kidding....Its just that sidewinder shouldnt get mislead by the info. Am up for anything raven ;-) No harm done :)

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
My vendor has sgreed to buy back my sdram stick for rs 1500.....Now i can buy ddr....Guys what is the price difference between ddr 266,333,400.......I dont want to decide about my 2005 config right now but i think i will post a topic on that in the begining of dec....
I also got hold of a gfx 5200 128 mb for really cheap....rs 1600

resident_alien

Right off the assembly line
hey i am sorry about the wrong prcing i actually saw aboput the asus mobo in am mag i'll tell u the name next time i keep forgetting it to write down oh but nanyway i am 13 and i am a bit mixed up i use ddr well dont buy fx 5200 ut 2003 is quite sluggish u can opt for the ge foce 4 mx insted cuz its just about enough to play doom 3anyway sorry about the wrong pricing but i'll sent u a pm of the mobo name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom