AMD launches 2nd India learning lab in Hyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
As part of its 50x15 initiative, founded in 2004 to bring affordable internet access to 50% of the world population by 2015, AMD Inc, a global player in processing solutions, launched its second learning lab in the country at Hyderabad today. The first such lab was opened in Bangalore in November 2007.

Equipped with AMD Athlon dual-core processor-based Microsoft IQ PCs with MS Vista operating system and local learning software, and manned by a two-member faculty, the learning lab will bring a positive change in the lives of 450 students at the Government Girls High School in Hyderabad, Adrian Hartog, senior vice-president & general manager (consumer electronics group), AMD, said.

The two learning labs in the country are fully funded by AMD and the company would take care of the labs’ maintenance expenses including electricity and internet bills and faculty salaries for the next three years. It is open to partnering with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to take this initiative forward, he added.

Source

I

ImAClown

Thanks for the info:)

They could invest more in R&D.. :mad:

Ugh. They couldn't. That's why they didn't. What makes you say they could? They couldn't. Period. The end. Got it?? By the way nvidia 8800 card sucks big time these days. I heard the newly released bunch of Nvidia 8800 cards were outperformed by Nvidia 5600.... sigh.... First of all it's starting to get a bad name... and on top of that, you make it your username. You think it's cool? No, it's hot. Burning hot. You should check its temperature when it's really hot.... man... scary.

As part of its 50x15 initiative, founded in 2004 to bring affordable internet access to 50% of the world population by 2015, AMD Inc, a global player in processing solutions, launched its second learning lab in the country at Hyderabad today. The first such lab was opened in Bangalore in November 2007.

Equipped with AMD Athlon dual-core processor-based Microsoft IQ PCs with MS Vista operating system and local learning software, and manned by a two-member faculty, the learning lab will bring a positive change in the lives of 450 students at the Government Girls High School in Hyderabad, Adrian Hartog, senior vice-president & general manager (consumer electronics group), AMD, said.

The two learning labs in the country are fully funded by AMD and the company would take care of the labs’ maintenance expenses including electricity and internet bills and faculty salaries for the next three years. It is open to partnering with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to take this initiative forward, he added.

Source
talking about your IQ PCs, I can offer you the same thing minus the technical support for 12K. They ask 24K for it. They were in my school. I say you, they need to invest in stuff having VFM. If they start selling good systems here, I will definitely buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom