AMD Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
Hi guys I wanna buy a high end pc but a little confused about it.actually i have a strong urge to go for Amd Athlon 64 3200+ and Asus K8N-E Deluxe MB(Suggest any better).But I am also Considering for P4 3.4 Ghz and Intel 865GFB MB Suggest any better).My Confusion is whether Amd Athlon 64 3200+ (is lower),(is equal to)or (is Higher) than P4 3.2 Ghz,P4 3.4 Ghz,P4 3.6 Ghz with respect to Clock speeds,FSb,and other Processing capabilities?So all these is gonna decide if Amd Athlon 64 3200+ is worthwile over P4 3.4 Ghz.The fact of the matter is I want Max processor Speed so Please take it seriously and help me????

theraven

Technomancer
amd 3200 performs equal to / better than pentium 4 3.2 ghz
but the clock frequency is much lower .. ( that doesnt matter )
plus its 64 bit :D
anyways go for AMD u wont regret
plus ull get a killer system for less than a pentium system
again dude ... DONT GO ACCORDING TO PROCESSOR SPEEDS
its the benchmarks that count

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
superuser said:
The fact of the matter is I want Max processor Speed so Please take it seriously and help me????

Seems like Intels Marketing and Ads got to you. Dude the Processor speeds these days alone doesnt warrant gr8 performance. The AMD64 u have decided is good enough and will beat the intel one hands down. Plus like raven mentioned its future compatible if u call it so ;)

Rajesh_K

Broken In
For your motherboard I would STRONGLY suggest the DFI LANPARTY UT NFORCE3 250GB ATHLON64 S754 AGP8X 5PCI SATA RAID 1394 SOUND 1000LAN, or if you can hold out, Wait until the NForce 4 Chipset comes out and get the DFI SLi with Dual PCI Express Vid card options.

It's stable, and if you wanna overclock to 2.5ghz you can because it has pci/agp locks.

I would also suggest if your getting the AMD cpu (same one I have), get the xp-120 HSF or Cooler Master Hyper 6 HSF.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Rajesh_K said:
For your motherboard I would STRONGLY suggest the DFI LANPARTY UT NFORCE3 250GB ATHLON64 S754 AGP8X 5PCI SATA RAID 1394 SOUND 1000LAN, or if you can hold out, Wait until the NForce 4 Chipset comes out and get the DFI SLi with Dual PCI Express Vid card options.

It's stable, and if you wanna overclock to 2.5ghz you can because it has pci/agp locks.

I would also suggest if your getting the AMD cpu (same one I have), get the xp-120 HSF or Cooler Master Hyper 6 HSF.

DFI and ABit one of the best mobos arnd but...but in India these are not available at all ! Maybe sumtime in the future. :wink:

nikhilesh

Journeyman
875 mobo isnt needed.

the only difference between the 865 mobo's and 875's r PAT(performance acceleration technology).

but msi and asus have enabled PAT in their 865 mobo's too.

go for the msi 865pe neo2!!

AWESOME MOBO!!

7-8k or such i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom