AMd cutting prices by HALF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2800

According to memos recently obtained by DailyTech, AMD will drastically cut prices on its desktop processors after the July 23rd release of Intel’s Core 2 Duo Conroe processors. The memos that DailyTech has secured are between AMD and Japanese system manufacturers and indicate the following price cuts will become effective July 24th, 2006:
AMD Athlon 64 price cuts will receive price cut up to 30%
AMD Athlon 64 X2 will receive price cuts up to 50% :) :)
AMD Sempron processors will receive price cuts up to 15% ....

I am not ure how much time will it take for prices to reduce in India ( maybe someone will like to enlighten us here ) , but even so the price cut is huge.

This has not been confirmed by amd, so its not certain, but many would say this was due, so you can take this to be pretty possible.

godsownman

Padawan
This is great news, so I can hold up my new PC plans :D till about 2 months to take full advantage of the price wars !

Hurray

magnet

Youngling
yup this will happen next day conroe releases.........24th july...and it will take 1 mor month time to show effect in india.......

so 16k amd x2 3800+

will b now ard 10k......

i too m waiting for this change...cant go for conroe..as i have to change ram too then ...also vista release next year means upgradation to 2gb ram which i think is better i do next year

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It says upto 50% and not 50%. Only the highest models like the X2 4800+ will have such aggressive price cuts. The more affordable X2 3800+ won't have more than 20-30% discount.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Anyone knows the price(only appx) of the lowest conroe procs???

E6100 = 184$
E6400 = 224$
btw ppl, conroe has beaten amd in every benchmark comprehensively, so amd will have no chance except a price cut.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It won't be all smooth sailing for Conroe for atleast the first year. Intel has to deal with low availability and huge demand for Conroe, a massive stockpile of old processors, overpriced Conroe mobo's, huge base of existing socket 939 mobo's.
Plus gamers won't buy Conroe unless they get SLI/Crossfire on their Conroe rig which won't happen unless nVidia/ATI make a Conroe compatible chipset.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drvarunmehta said:
It says upto 50% and not 50%. Only the highest models like the X2 4800+ will have such aggressive price cuts. The more affordable X2 3800+ won't have more than 20-30% discount.
We would be quite satisfied even with that! :)

supersaiyan

In the zone
chesss said:
E6100 = 184$
E6400 = 224$
btw ppl, conroe has beaten amd in every benchmark comprehensively, so amd will have no chance except a price cut.
stole the words out of my keyboard. if one reads the benchmarks one will see that amd's new am2 platform uses ddr2 ram. now the speed of the ram depends on the clock speed of the cpu. the higher the better. so the high end amd cpus do provide a performance gain but the lower end ones provide a performance depriciate. plus conroe has beaten amd in almost all the benchmarks. so amd has no other option except to reduce prices to increase sales. lets wait till conroe releases. what if intel also does the same thing huh? amd will be in a fix.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
More news!! Amd ending 3000 & 3200 single core

Meaning, its very bad time to go for an update , hehe.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
conroe does have sli and crossfire chipset in the pipeline ..

nvidia is launching nforce 590 sli and 570 sli .. also ati is working on rd600 crossfire chipset ..which i think will be called ati crossfire 3200 intel edition . .. guess what .. DFI is going to launch two mobo based on these chipsets for intel conroe which are lanparty favour .. now that's great news.. specifically the one with ati chipset .. i am sure that board will create a new overclocking record with conroe ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom