amd config

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun

Broken In
hi
after searching over the reviews and friends and people i know i was confused which config to upgrade intel or amd 64.i got a 50 /50 opinion
on both

at last i bought

amd 64 3200 (as it has 1mb cache)
msi k8n neo platinum motherboard
kingston 1gb ram
ati radeon 128mb(256 bit card) so its not from india. i will get my hands over it on this oct 3 sunday.

and i very much tense about it and is cooling solution now ok with amd
and wht do u guys tell abt the configuration.

and regarding mobo i had to thoughts asus and msi and i serached for
reviews and it looks msi is far better then asus and price less than asus.
so i got msi

and also do i have to install 32 bit windows or 64 bit

so ..................

tell me ur suggestions....................

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Its a good config altogether, ur proccy is a clawhammer, since it has a 1M cache. Good mobo too. Btw which Radeon card is it ? X800, 9800pro ? Coolings no problem with the A64 proccys dude. So dont worry. However if u want u cud get the Venus frm Thermaltake for ur A64. U can install 32 bit Xp without probs dude, although a 64 bit OS would show the real performance. However since there are less or no apps for 64 bit OS, i see no point in installin a 64 bit OS other than for testing.

Geforce

Journeyman
Has anybody seen Windows XP 64-bit in action ?? ;-|

Well is it even out yet. Does it have as PE version (PE=Pirated Edition)

I think even if you do install 64 bit OS, you'll have trouble finding drivers for other peripherals and system tools that work well with it.

OP
A

arun

Broken In
re `

the vga is ati 9800 pro128 mb the x 800 costs too much.and whst that thermal pls give me suggestion if i had to get extra cooling and also is compability good with amd.and if i install a 32 bit of windows will 64 bit application run on my computer.or if i install a 64 bit windows will 32 bit applications work.

Geforce

Journeyman
I you install 32-bit windows you won't be able to run 64-bit applications because the kernel will not support it.

But the reverse is true, if you install 64-bit version 32-bit programmes will still be able to run.

Very nice system and 3 cheers for the card you are receiving on 3rd Oct. Man i envy you.

By the way if you are smart enough then you must have got a good SMPS there atleast 400W 'cause when you plug in that graphics card your system will go from beafy to beasty.

theraven

Technomancer
1) @ Geforce
winxp 64 is not out yet
its in testing stags
yes there are leaked version of it on th enet
2) @ arun ... thermaltake Venus is a HUUGGGEEE heatsink and has an 80 mm fan on it ... its more than what u need for ur amd 64 ... help u overclock a bit too ( i dun mean to say u SHOULD overclock tho ... )
its meant for the proccy so no problems
3) geforce is write abt the compatibility .. specially the second point ... where 66 bit os will run 32 bit apps ... but this holds true currently
cuz AMD64's have 3 modes of operation
pure 64 bit
and 64bit + 32 bit ..
once 64 bit takes off ... u wont be able to run 32 bit apps
but then there will be emulators / compatibility modes / other ways to work it

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yo! Man congrats on ur new machine.. Cool config ::drools:: man u gonna blast every 1 on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom