AMD Challenges Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunalmg

Broken In
Amd has challenged intel in leading newspapers like TOI 2day. The advertisement has been posted in my blog. check it out. its an open challenge to intel and a threat to its reputation, I suppose.

Link:

*techticker.blogspot.com/2005/10/amd-challenges-intel.html

godsownman

Padawan
Yes , I was shocked my eyes poped when I read it . AMD is openly challenging INTEL, what will be the outcome , who will be the winner is to watched.

I personally feel AMD is overconfident seeing the time limit also for the challenge.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
seriously man! amd and intel in a dual core duel!!!! now aint that too much?? i mean everyone knows that rite now, amd rules the dual core roost! there is no need for any duel at all!!!!! but amd has been either toooo bold or too foolish do it publicly on a large scale!!!!

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Wat if AMD is developing something much different and better secretly? And such challenges are always good for us consumers, aren't they??

OP
K

kunalmg

Broken In
sujithtom said:
Wat if AMD is developing something much different and better secretly? And such challenges are always good for us consumers, aren't they??

ya u r rite. but i dont think intel's gonna accept this challenge

kato

Karthiksn
All such fights between the proccy makers is always good for its consumersd i guess if htey fight they will atleast reduce the price a bit too

planetcall

Indian by heart
hey kunal it is kiddish to think if the Chip Giant Intel accepts the challenge or not. The hot thing now is how they are gonna reply. They cant simply ignore it because this threatens the very existence of Intel as a superior company. AMD has slapped right in front of millions. So, Intel cant hide away. Trust me the engineers@intel are having a really bad time.
*tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/scratchhead.gif

godsownman

Padawan
planetcall said:
hey kunal it is kiddish to think if the Chip Giant Intel accepts the challenge or not. The hot thing now is how they are gonna reply. They cant simply ignore it because this threatens the very existence of Intel as a superior company. AMD has slapped right in front of millions. So, Intel cant hide away. Trust me the engineers@intel are having a really bad time.

I swear by what you say , if intel backs out it will be an act of cowardise which they shall not do or else there will be some other sort of snide advertisements passed.

But as I said earlier, I hope AMD is not overconfident.

The winner shall rise eventually ! :)

OP
K

kunalmg

Broken In
planetcall said:

well if u think im kiddish then take a look at the link below. its intel's reply that AMD published an advert in an US newspaper.

*theinquirer.net/?article=25632

Tech&ME

Banned
U Know, I think AMD is just using another of its marketing stunt !!! Which will never work .

The fact is :

Recently APPLE decided to go in for Intel based processors on your Computers (MAC)

The point is why did APPLE not select AMD instead ?

Another point to justify this is :

Intel is no fool company, for your info Intel has researched high end processors and have also come up with P5 and others which they have not released in the market as of now.

Intel is quite ready for the with the Dual Core processors, but they don't want to throw this on to the consumer, before doing a complete test on it.
provided there is no platform for the consumer to test it themselves.

We do not make use of the Dual Core as of now in our applications, do we ? and hence, Intel want developers to come up with TRUE dual core compatible softwares first. (Microsoft is said to be developing something in the same line)

Intel will slap AMD which no one could imagine.

raj14

In Deniel
Well it's about damn time, they really started fighting each other like ATI and nVIDIA Do instead of being all pansy about it, both companies launch equally good processors, before AMD Became mainstream Intel was the leader, true AMD offer better performance due to increased 14.4GBps Bandwidth as oppose to 6.4GBps for Intel CPUs, but Intel Processors alwyas had a edge over AMD in SSE2 Instruction department and True Multi tasking. it's pity Intel didn't offer any Processor which can hold a candle to likes of Athlon 64-FX Processor but maybe this In-Your-face Challenge from AMD would do the trick, or Scroo Intel for Ever :twisted:

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Let wait and see wat happens. One thing is for damn sure if Intel accepts the challenge. One of the company will fall. Just like the prophecy in Harry Potter "Neither can live while the other survive". Well i know tht Intel has rejected the challange but they may re consider it and accept it ;-)

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
Tech&ME said:
U Know, I think AMD is just using another of its marketing stunt !!! Which will never work .

The fact is :

Recently APPLE decided to go in for Intel based processors on your Computers (MAC)

The point is why did APPLE not select AMD instead ?

Another point to justify this is :

Intel is no fool company, for your info Intel has researched high end processors and have also come up with P5 and others which they have not released in the market as of now.

Intel is quite ready for the with the Dual Core processors, but they don't want to throw this on to the consumer, before doing a complete test on it.
provided there is no platform for the consumer to test it themselves.

We do not make use of the Dual Core as of now in our applications, do we ? and hence, Intel want developers to come up with TRUE dual core compatible softwares first. (Microsoft is said to be developing something in the same line)

Intel will slap AMD which no one could imagine.

why apple didn't select AMD for their macs

For ur info
Apple had been testing OSX on ntels for last five years secretly
And AMD was still a far small company then
Given in present conditions if Apple was to start testing OSX on x86 architecture they would surely do it so on AMD

Also Intel is already on Dual Core market for consumers

raj14

In Deniel
So is AMD Dude, AMD has it's X2 line up released, Pity it's not availble here, there going to launch it in November.

planetcall

Indian by heart
Survival of the fittest

Lets be a little logical peeps. If AMD is challenging INTEL in the way we have seen...it suggests they have something special in their armor. Its certain its not just a gauntlet ;). It is a clash of the giants and it seems adamant it will set the course for the future strategies both technically and financially. It is certain that the winner is going to be the better technology and if we go by the comparisons at the moment AMD beats Intel on almost all the fronts . The ubeat roar we are hearing from AMD is not just a stunt. They are way ahead of Intel in the dual core dual technology and Intel is having a bad time. We cant say if Intel is gonna reply with tout but still they will do something to save their face.
It is gonna be interesting coz we all know Intel is having a wider market share. But it doesnt mean they are the best. Same as M$ is the most popular but it is not the best :)

AMD Benchmark: *www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_13223,00.html

kato

Karthiksn
i dont agree with Tech&Me Intel is enjoying the current status just bcoz it was one of the pioneers just like microsoft.It has a monoply which wont be there for too long and i m sure AMD is gonna do it.

raj14

In Deniel
Intel isn't going to pressed down with AMD no matter what happens, it's a Dog eat Dog world, AMD may have biten more than they can chew....

Tech&ME

Banned
AGENT_SMITH said:

For ur info
Given in present conditions if Apple was to start testing OSX on x86 architecture they would surely do it so on AMD

Ok lets take your point and justify it for you!

Consider the bold face sentence in you quote.

How can a small and new company challenge a well established, knowledable company.

I will give you one real life example Considers this:

You are very well educated, have passed a Masters in Business Admistration from Havard. U come back to India an join you fathers big business and take the MD chair.

One day you come upon a idea to implement something which is going to earn some profit for your company but unfortunately the board of Director refuse to your proposal because they think you are too SMART!!!

Your Grand-father is also against you on this time.... WHY ?

Because you are still young at the EXPERIENCE side dude!!!

Hence, I think AMD is still young to make such challenges!!!! Consider this guys!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Tech&ME said:
AGENT_SMITH said:

For ur info

Ok lets take your point and justify it for you!

Consider the bold face sentence in you quote.

How can a small and new company challenge a well established, knowledable company.

I will give you one real life example Considers this:

You are very well educated, have passed a Masters in Business Admistration from Havard. U come back to India an join you fathers big business and take the MD chair.

One day you come upon a idea to implement something which is going to earn some profit for your company but unfortunately the board of Director refuse to your proposal because they think you are too SMART!!!

Your Grand-father is also against you on this time.... WHY ?

Because you are still young at the EXPERIENCE side dude!!!

Hence, I think AMD is still young to make such challenges!!!! Consider this guys!

yes AMD "was" a small company a few years ago! but not anymore!!! and of corz there is no denying the fact that intel is the chip pioneer for all the earlier archies were designed by intel. but let us not forget the fact that the indian who was behind the pentium archie later joined amd to design the k5 proc. this "was" amd a few years ago. but it doesn't rely on anyone now! it makes its own procs. it devises its own archie. so amd is as competant as intel anyday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom