AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

navino87

In the zone
Hi every one, Actually I have planned to buy a new computer and finally I have decided to go for AMD Athlon 64 3200+. My friend said me about the web site *www23.tomshardware.com/index.html where we can compare the processors. In that website I found many Athlon 64 3200+ processors. I want to know whether all this processors are same or they are different. If they are different what is the difference between them? I am very much confused now.

I have also posted the screenshot of the compression bellow. Please help me.

*img379.imageshack.us/img379/9083/atholonj2kv.jpg

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
core?

What is ment by core? What is the use of it ? which 1 is the best ? will there be any difference in the price? please tell me about this.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Each new "core" released is the superset of the features supported by all the previous cores and then some.
But there are 3 cores available in amd64 s939: New castle, Winchester and Venice, of which venice is the latest (and hence the best).

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
So is it that the performance of Venice will be greater than Winchester core? is it that venice is the latest?

I want 2 know the price of Athlon64 3000+ S939 Venice

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
If u are adding to ur previous query, edit in the new query into ur old one.

Clawhammer is a core that has 1mb l2 cache. It came previous to new castle but I think it's only used in Amd FX series, which are priced well beyond what u can dream of.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
navino87 said:
So is it that the performance of Venice will be greater than Winchester core? is it that venice is the latest?

I want 2 know the price of Athlon64 3000+ S939 Venice
Yes Venice is the latest core. It's better than Winchester. A 3000+ Venice will cost Rs. 7000-7500.

Aparajith

Broken In
A 3000+ Venice comes to 6400/- to be exact at Chennai. The Venice boasts of a lower no. of transistors, lower power requirements, lower power consumption and hence a lower heat dissipation. My suggestion is this proccy. Also be sure that the seller does not dupe u. So check the ID no. of the processor. U can do that at the AMD website. Also there was a post sometime ago that mentioned the ID no. of the specific cores...

cyrux

In the zone
Venice has a SOI layer (silicon di oxide) which help in faster charge and dishcarge of capcitors reducing chargin time upto 35%.

Guys what baout san deigo core? It has double to L2 cache as compared to venice. Isnt it available in Athlon 64 3200 + ?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
No. Only the high end Athlons have San Diego cores. I suggest you don't consider a high end Athlon. It's not good value for money. Even a 3000+ can be overclocked to run faster than the fastest single core Athlon. Stick to the 3000+ or 3200+. Don't forget to pair it with a good nForce4 Ultra mobo.

cyrux

In the zone
I have heard a lot about of Asus A8n-e and Msi k8n mobos but every body here isnt an overclocker. So i thought whats the best decent nf4 mobo. Techtree says its FoxConn Winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS costing 5k. So any reviews of this board

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
price

I want 2 know the price of Athlon64 3200+ S939 Venice core.And i also want to know whether this processor is OK to buy.

My config is :
CPU :
AMD Athlon 64 3200+( 939 ) Venice core
Mother Board :
MSI RS480M2-IL (939 socket)
RAM :
2*Hynix 512 MB DDR 400 MHz
Hard Disk :
Seagate 80 gb Sata hdd
Monitor :
Samsung SyncMaster 793s (black)
Optical drive :
Lite-on DVD-Writer 16x drive (black)
Floppy Drive :
Sony (black)
Key Bourd :
Logitech (black)Multimedia
Mouse :
Logitech optical (black)
Power Supply :
ANTEC 400 Watts (24 pins)
Cabinet :
ANTEC Any cabinet (black)
TV Tuner :
Compro VideoMate PVR/FM

Please also tell me the cost of all this components . My budget is Rs.35000 I wanna know whether this will exceed my budget ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom