Amd and gaming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delpiero

Journeyman
I have a gaming question. Suppose a game has speed requirement of 2.4 ghz strictly ,will it run on on an Amd 3200 64 bit which outperforms p4 2.8 ghz.

theraven

Technomancer
kind of a weird question
yes it will
infact it'll run on an amd 2400 too
since amd's naming convention is on performance basis not gigahertz myth
since the amd 2400 equals (read beats ) the intel 2.4 ghz .... it surely can run any game
besides MIN. system config .. is ... wel SOMETIMES crap ... u can run on a lil lower end machine as well
ofcourse on low quality settings and a lil tweaks , maybe overclocks :D

BTW which game has such a high requirement ?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Plus to add to this most games will only tell you what the minimum config required is and might pop up a warning while you try and install it. No game to my knowledege will stop you from installing the game anyways. And yea even I wanna knw which game has this kinda CPU requirements!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Doom is very playable on pentium 3 with a decent graphic card.What about the one on C**p magazine who played it and comleted on geforce mx2 200 What are the minimum system requirements then........? I think Minimum system requirements are not hard and fast. A developer only overemphasis the minimum system requirements for person to highliten his smooth play of game at the maximum eye candy he can squeese.
No i dont think there is any game for another 3 months coming up with system min requirements of 2.4 Ghz.

OP
D

Delpiero

Journeyman
theraven said:
BTW which game has such a high requirement ?
No game has such requirements but who knows there just might be such a game round the corner. Actually i wanted to know the future proofness of Amd processor because amd 64 3200 has a clock speed of 2.2 ghz which is lower than p4 2.8 ghz. I think 3200 is more future proof than p4 2.8 ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom