amd 64 headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun

Broken In
hi everyone
recentluy i bought amd 64 cpu 3200 and msi k8n neo platinum mobo
and ati 9800 pro card and 1 gb ram

i see that the temperature is reaching 67deg(max) and i have 3 additional fans installed on case.and i also have vga problem some lines and disturbances in all game .so i buyed a new system and is resting. anyone
pls help me.if u have amd system pls tell the max temperature and if anybody is in chennai pls help me so that i can contact u

and fix the prob

any one help pls

G

gxsaurav

Welcome to the world of Hot computing

Don't worry thats normal temprature, if U r botherd by the sound & noise then open you cabinet door

OP
A

arun

Broken In
re

is that normal temp what but mobo guide it is listed as max 60deg working condition but mobo alarm sound is automatically fixed at 80deg
and what abt vga card do i need to download special drivers for ati 9800 pro card. or any updates should be downloaded for the card.it seems some of u have radeon card pls help

OP
A

arun

Broken In
re

saurav whats the difference between motherboard temperature and cpu temperature its giben in amnual of mobo that 'do not use this in enivrinment above 60 c "

do u have any idea of vga card problem

G

gxsaurav

Call me gx here not Saurav

The CPU temprature is the temprature of the centre of CPU core, while the motherboard temprature is the temprature of the motherboard base PCB

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Don't worry thats normal temprature,

You call those temps normal??? :roll: dude, its A64 not XP, those temps are way too high.

Hey Arun,
MSI boards seem to have this problem with the hardware monitoring chip,it reports weird values.

I donno why this happens but i experienced the same problem for one of my MSI board.

Physically touch the CPUheatsink,if its hot then,u need to worry,otherwise not.
Also enable Cool n QUiet Technology, it will kep temps down. :wink: [/code]

G

gxsaurav

Well, the normal temprature range for AMD64 is higher then AthlonXP or Northwood, take an example, if the temprature reaches 71C for the CPU for northwood it throttles the CPU MHz to lower the temprature but with prescott, untill it reaches 89C nothing like this happens, same goes with AMD64, this is high temprature for AthlonXP but for AMD64 anything above 77 is high

G

gxsaurav

The prices differ, for 23K, Indyan baught the K8V & AMD64 3000+

Talking abt the athlon 64, i just got a new one with a asus k8vx mobo: although it says 3000+, the cpu speed is listed as 2000 Mhz( thats quite a drop); what is the 3000+ about?
And i chose this over a p4 3.0 ht with Intel 915 mobo!
:? how do they compare? how does the athlon catch up?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Well thats naming convention of AMD proccys, they are named accrdngly to their rivals Ghz rating equivalents. Dont worry dude u are getting the performance of a 3.0G proccy ! Chk out the benchies on some popular sites. :D

i.am_mayur

Broken In
another 1 bites the dust
spoon seems like ure the latest casualty of the AMD 'fool the consumers' syndrome
How do u expect a 2Ghz proc to match up with a 3GHz . MOst of the benchmarks dont accccount for speed,they r only 'result oriented' and 'synthetic' benchmarks .In the real world all that matters is speed alone,so if ure in it for SPEEd alone,AMD sux big tiime Intel rulz anyday.

I back with a vengeance to rescue ppl like u from the clutches of AMD
I.am_Mayur

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hey Mayur,
Looks like you need to do some reality check.
And what do you know about A64? have you even used it to comment on it?

just a min-- if the benchmarks dont account for 'speed', then what does?
:shock:
and as long as it gives a better gaming performance,and comparable performance in other apps who cares abt the speed-- speed becomes just another number!

Which applications in the "real world" DO require this 'Speed' , that the multitude of benchmarks (designed , it seems now, by idiots in some world like the Matrix) dont seem to take into account?

And i guess the only way u can rescue me from the "Matrix" is refund my money! :wink: Any neos' to help me out?

sikku

Right off the assembly line
CPU Temp

Hi everyone,
At any given point of time weather the Mobo Temp is more or the CPU Temp is.My athlom 64 2800+ is showing the Mobo temp is 4 Deg more than the CPU Temp.(CPU 39/Mobo 43).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom