AMD 2800+ refuses to work at 2083mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_shotgun_2000

Right off the assembly line
I have an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard. and 512 MB 333mhz DDR Ram.

Right now the processor is working at 1.25ghz when I go to the bios and turn it up to 2.08ghz it doesn't work. The computer doesn't boot.

What should I do?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
check if ur m/b supports 2800+ , as in fully capacity and check ur manual too : *usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v8x-x/overview.htm

check if ur bios is updated : *www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7V8X-X

If ur going in for bios update read the instructions CAREFULLY b4 trying it out : *www.asus.com/support/english/techref/bios/intro.aspx

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Apart from what Klinux said which processor type do you have ? Not all Athlon series is OCable. If its the Barton series then you can OC it however to only a limited extent. Second see the sticky posted in the H/W section on how to OC your system. Mate dont ever OC it from 1.25 to 2.08 straight away!!! :shock: you'll just end up frying ur mobo or your cpu or both!!! You need to do it step by step.

The ASUS A7V8X-X has limited OCing capabilities. And hence you can push it that far as much as you tried.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
Well i don't think the speed can be changed from BIOS...you'll have to change some jumper setings on MOBO..
BTY my AMD 2400+ runs @ 2GHz ...is it over clocked ??

Hitesh Gupta

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hitesh_hg said:
Well i don't think the speed can be changed from BIOS...you'll have to change some jumper setings on MOBO..
BTY my AMD 2400+ runs @ 2GHz ...is it over clocked ??

Hitesh Gupta

nope...no need to change jumper settings. Nowadays it can be done from the BIOS itself. no AMD 2400+ is designed to run at that speed. I dont get it as to why his CPU is running that slow. Either he has down clocked it or something seriously wrong there.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
icecoolz said:
no AMD 2400+ is designed to run at that speed. I dont get it as to why his CPU is running that slow. Either he has down clocked it or something seriously wrong there.

A friend of mine han AMD 2600+ his processor rum @ 1.995 GHz (15*133) should i increase it to (15*166)??

And i had to change my jumper setting for the same mobo..

Hitesh Gupta

OP
M

mr_shotgun_2000

Right off the assembly line
I don't get what you guys are saying.
I mean I was reading up on the ASUS site and the AMD site and from what I got the motherboard and processor are compatible.

I tried telling this to my computer engineer but he is blank.
He keeps telling me he will try and fix it asap.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom