Amazing Line Of Marketing - aXXo’s Pirated Movies Used to Promote the iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
The DVD ripper aXXo is without a doubt one of the most popular DVD-rippers. Even though he hasn’t been active since November 2007, his rips are still widely used, even by commercial outlets such as the John Lewis store. They must have thought, “Why use a real DVD if we can use a pirated movie for free?”

The aXXo rip was shown on an iMac displayed on an Apple stand at a John Lewis store. A member of the Hexus forums discovered this remarkable promotional material, and writes: “So I was in my local John Lewis store a week or so back, and I was checking out their new little Apple mac area, which had lots of Macs on display, with some desks setup and other accessories. They also had some wall mounted iMacs. Imagine my surprise when getting closer to one of them to see ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’ - ripped by Axxo playing.”

Source :
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/01/24/axxos-pirated-movies-used-to-promote-the-imac

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Yes Piracy is everywhere. I also myself saw pirated disks running in Kolkata Apple and Sony showroom in City Center. :D:D:D

goobimama

 Macboy
When I was working at International Film Festival Of India, for the grand opening they had sort of some tunnel with LCDs mounted on the top. And guess what they were playing on them. 5-in-1 DVDs! I'm like WTF! Piracy can't get more official than this!

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ His rips were a godsend for poor people with low speed gprs connections like me.
6 Axxo rips = 1 decent 720p rip.
maybe more than that.

napster007

Padawan
Re: Amazing Line Of Marketing - aXXo’s Pirated Movies Used to Promote the iMac

The world is a better place now cause aXXo has stopped his crappy rips.

Why do you have a problem with everything...............if you hate aXXo do not say that the world is a better place. Some aXXo fans will murder you say this else where.

ALL HAIL aXXo

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
aXXo's rips really rock. The quality is really amazing. He should be given the Nobel prize or something.

@goobi you have done the biggest sin of your life by calling aXXo's rips crappy. May you never have any more grapes in your life. Nor any strawberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom