Amazing inspirational Airforce video!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Old one....But worth listing it in our forum.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IspwdyBn-FU

No doubt that IAF is one of the strongest Air force in the world. Proud to be Indian.

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Re: Indian Air force at its best!! IAF Mirage 2000 Stunts!

That's a Mirage 2000 from the French Air Force :lol: I was surprised to see such a video created by our IAF :D Well, now we know it's FAF :p Well, check out this amazing video ;) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=A244hlxOeH0

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

Some scenes have been taken from *youtube.com/watch?v=Byk8ue5AQGU

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

Nice video,except that it is French Airforce:|:|:|.

That's a Mirage 2000 from the French Air Force :lol: I was surprised to see such a video created by our IAF :D Well, now we know it's FAF :p Well, check out this amazing video ;) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=A244hlxOeH0

Confusing! Check out the comments in You Tube. :) The video is not totally from either India nor French. It is a combined power of IAF n French Air Craft Mirage 2000 :) Stunts includes IAF Mirage 2000 too. Check it in video.

Some guys say that it was video taken by a agency for Aero India 2007.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

What made me believe that it is FAF.

1.The insignia on the planes is of FAF.
2.The refueling aircraft shown is French.
3.The IAF doesnt have the second plane(darker)shown in the video.

The same footage can be seen in many French AF videos,so it seems like FAF video to me.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

The same footage can be seen in many French AF videos,so it seems like FAF video to me.

Did you notice this IAF logo on planes...
View attachment 1582

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

Actually it is this one,if you look carefully.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/French-roundel.svg/200px-French-roundel.svg.png

Oh well no point of arguing now,this clip is a straight rip from the movie "skyfighters"
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDgaYfxrIY
I am disappointed at people posting it on youtube as IAF video.

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

4. It's flying with a french commercial aircraft - AIRBUS!

praka123

left this forum longback

ye hai India,meri jaan! :D
first ISRO challenged they will develop cryogenic engine for rockets(PSLV and up) indigenously under the circumstances of US ban on India for trial of atom bomb :evil:,now later we hear that India bought 3 Cryogenic systems from good ol' Russia :p HAHAHA! :D

Russians and Germans-generally more Intelligent if you believe it or NOT :-|

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!

No doubt amazing videos. . feeling like flying ... :D
so it appears that ..
1. India do have the refueling airplanes technology
BUT 2. one thing they don't have is high speed cameras or at least a pilot who is also a good camera man
and director to shoot amazing videos and also the Fighterjet with inbuilt ipod :mrgreen:

Sukoi SU30 MKi are the best in the world ... I wish india also get the vertical liftoff n stealth planes also,

and

I also found these

*www.youtube.com/results?search_q

Pakistani PoWs from the Kargil War - Part 2, The Truth's out

slugger

Banned

ye hai India,meri jaan! :D
first ISRO challenged they will develop cryogenic engine for rockets(PSLV and up) indigenously under the circumstances of US ban on India for trial of atom bomb :evil:,now later we hear that India bought 3 Cryogenic systems from good ol' Russia :p HAHAHA! :D

Russians and Germans-generally more Intelligent if you believe it or NOT :-|

November 15, 2007

ISRO has achieved a significant milestone through the successful test of indigenously developed Cryogenic Stage, to be employed as the upper stage of India's Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The test was conducted for its full flight duration of 720 seconds today (November 15, 2007) at Liquid Propulsion test facility at Mahendragiri, in Tamil Nadu. With this test, the indigenous Cryogenic Upper Stage has been fully qualified on the ground. The flight stage is getting ready for use in the next mission of GSLV (GSLV-D3) in 2008.

It may be recalled that a ground test for 480 seconds of the complete stage was conducted on August 4, 2007.

The indigenous Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS) is powered by a regeneratively cooled cryogenic engine, which works on staged combustion cycle developing a thrust of 69.5 kN in vacuum. The other stage systems include insulated propellant tanks, booster pumps, inter-stage structures, fill and drain systems, pressurisation systems, gas bottles, command block, igniters, pyro valves and cold gas orientation and stabilisation system. Liquid Oxygen (LOX) and Liquid Hydrogen (LH2) from the respective tanks are fed by individual booster pumps to the main turbo-pump, which rotates at 39,000 rpm to ensure a high flow rate of 16.5 kg/sec of propellants into the combustion chamber. The main turbine is driven by the hot gas produced in a pre-burner. Thrust control and mixture ratio control are achieved by two independent regulators. LOX and Gaseous Hydrogen (GH2) are ignited by pyrogen type igniters in the pre-burner as well as in the main and steering engines.

Apart from the complexities in the fabrication of stage tanks, structures, engine and its sub-systems and control components, CUS employs special materials like Aluminum, Titanium, Nickel and their alloys, bi-metallic materials and polyimides. Stringent quality control and elaborate safety measures have to be ensured during assembly and integration.

Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) is the lead centre for the development of Cryogenic Upper Stage with the involvement of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) and other ISRO centres as well as several industries, both in public and private sector.

The successful ground test of the indigenous Cryogenic Upper Stage for the full flight duration has validated the design robustness and performance adequacy for its use in GSLV.

dood ISRO was esatblished in 1972 and the decision to develop an indegenous Cryogenic engine was take only in the late 80s

name 1 other country which has had a program that strated after that of our and has manged to move ahead of us

India is one of only 8 countries with the capabilities to launch its own satellites (this list include Israel, whose programm is faaar inferior to that of India's)

even your beloved Germany has no satellite launching capability of its own

praka123

left this forum longback

I am not a Desh-drohi as some are trying to say :rolleyes:
Still,
The Whole Truth

Work on developing a cryogenic engine was initiated shortly after the project to develop the Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) was launched in 1986. The GSLV is capable of placing a 2 ton satellite into a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO).

Initially ISRO scientists attempted to develop a cryogenic engine on their own. However, having made no progress, in 1991 ISRO entered into a $120 million contract with Glavkosmos for the supply of two KVD-1 cryogenic engines and the complete transfer of technology for those engines.

The KVD-1 is the one and only oxygen/hydrogen liquid-propellant rocket engine in Russia known to have passed through full-scale ground testing routine. KVD-1's prototype known as 11D56 was developed between 1965-1972 by the Design Bureau of Chemical Machine-Building ( KB Khimmash) for the fourth stage of a future version of heavy Lunar N-1 launch vehicle. Bench trials of the engine commenced in 1966.
The KVD-1 engine is a single-chambered unit with a turbopump system designed to feed propellants; and includes afterburning: a feature characteristic of any powerful Russian liquid-propellant rocket engine design. The engine can be used in cryogenic upper stages designed to put payloads into high-altitude elliptical, geostationary orbits or escape trajectories.

US Sanctions

In 1993 the US leaned on Russia to cancel its contract with ISRO and stop any transfer of technology for developing cryogenic engines, citing violation of the MTCR regime. Indeed, the US imposed sanctions on both Glavkosmos as well as ISRO for the violation. The then Russian president, Boris Yelstin, yielded to American pressure and directed Glavkosmos to renegotiate its contract with ISRO to exclude transfer of technology. The renegotaited contract provisioned only for outright sale of two KVD-1 engines. Satisfied, the Americans lifted sanctions on Glavkosmos and ISRO.

Despite the renegotiation, in the years that followed, ISRO continued to exude confidence in its ability to develop the cryogenic engine on its own. Some of the confidence stemmed from the fact that significant elements of the manufacturing know-how needed to design and construct cryogenic engines had in fact been already transferred to India by 1993 when the contract was renegotiated.

In March 1994, Dr. U. R. Rao of ISRO admitted that ISRO would benefit from design drawings and other information obtained under the original contract and from the extensive training that its engineers received in Russia. The continued presence of Russian space technicians at ISRO in connection with the outright supply of the two KVD-1 engines provided ISRO a conduit to the source of KVD-1 technology.

However, despite its confidence ISRO faltered when it was faced with the production of special alloys and high-speed turbines required for cryogenic fuels and it became evident that delays in the production of the KVD-1 derivative would affect the GSLV launch schedule. Consequently, in December 2001 India entered into an agreement with Khrunichev Space Centre for supply of five additional KVD-1 engines for its GSLV programe.
When Khrunichev announced its deal with ISRO it also stated that Russia and India would collaborate on further development of the booster. The statement seems to suggest that Khrunichev will continue assisting ISRO with the development of its CUS

Conclusion

ISRO projection of the CUS development as a totally indigenous effort is in poor taste but in all likelihood dictated by political expediency of not treading on American sensibilities.
What is commendable is the determination that ISRO has shown in single mindedly pursuing its goal and finally achieving them. The substantial Russian help notwithstanding, there can be little doubt that ISRO has now acquired the technology to develop cryogenic rocket engines. However, the technology has not yet been validated. The time for back slapping will only come after a successful launch of a GSLV Mk II equipped with a CUS. Hopefully, this will take place in 2006-2007.

*kuku.sawf.org/Articles/3583.aspx

This isnt againt anyone's point.but I reaffirmed my earlier observations(newspapers etc) :-|

slugger

Banned

I am not a Desh-drohi as some are trying to say :rolleyes:
Still,

*kuku.sawf.org/Articles/3583.aspx

This isnt againt anyone's point.but I reaffirmed my earlier observations(newspapers etc) :-|

Missed this in my last login. Hmmmm!!!!

How on Earth does this reply of yours vindicate your stand that Russian or German Engineers are superior to Indian Engineers ?

The Russians have had the fortune of being able to work on their space and rocket program since the 1900s. So is it not expected of them to have a proven Cryogenic engine technology by the 1960s-70s? The seeds of India space program had just been sown at this time. And for its indigenous Cryogenic Engine program, it was only formulated in the late 80s, a point that I had already made and your source too has acknowledged. In spite of this, India has succeeded in validating its design by 2007, something that the other countries would have been hard-pressed to match under similar circumstances. This in spite of India’s budgetary allocation being far less than that of the other countries with similar capabilities, and with faaaar more political and bureaucratic red tape to deal with.

If this does not speak volumes of the competency of an Indian Engineer, then what does?

If India pumps in the kind of money into the program that the others do [Soviet Union, china] or pay the Engineers and scientists the kind of salary that they pay [U.S, Japan], there is simply no reason why an Indian organization can not surpass the others in this field. India has been matching them, capability-for-capability even without these much deserved funding.

It is experience that you have so conveniently chosen to mistake for expertise . Two distinctly different, but related concepts.

No harm in getting a kick out of playing the Devil’s advocate. And frankly speaking I quite enjoy reading about your shenanigans in this process. But c’mon buddy even the devil deserves a better advocate . ;)

Meaning no disrespect to anybody from the Indian Armed Forces , may I ask who is Vijainder K Thakur and what expertise does he hold to comment on the progress made by Indian scientists and Engineers in the field of Cryogenic Engine Technology? Just because I am professional cyclist, does not make me an expert in developing the latest Carbon fiber composite that would be used in the body of an F1 vehicle (even though carbon-fiber composite bodies have been developed for racing cycles).

And parka , since you are on this trip of quoting from such esoteric sources of questionable reputation/credibility, why don’t you quote something about India’s Defense Program from HERE

The new season of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge is still a long way away. Will make do with your performance till then. ;)

praka123

left this forum longback

Well,no fighting's,even I want to believe that Indian Engineers developed cryogenic engine,well..the root is always from USSR ;) :lol:

Ahhh!..even I am patriotic about india for that matter :p!no need to show pk forums ;)

slugger

Banned

Well,no fighting's,even I want to believe that Indian Engineers developed cryogenic engine,well..the root is always from USSR ;) :lol:

Ahhh!..dont get the patriotic way!even I am patriotic for that matter :p!no need to show pk forums ;)

well in that case even if you want to believe that LG/Samsung/Voltas/GE/Godrej have developed and manufactured ACs and Refreigeration, the root will always be Rudolf Clausius , so in that case LG/Samsung/Voltas/GE are a bunch of incompetant engineering organisations

and going by that logic you should in fact be associating the roots of their cryogenic engines to Carl von Linde

The concept of re-inventing the wheel and way of preventing it assumes significance here buddy ;)

Other than the invention of the wheel, name one other technology that won't find a root in something else?

And no, the link was in no way related to any point of patriotism I was tryin to make [and i wasn't makin any]

it was with reference to the point of credibility/competancy :)

P.S: Coming to think of it, since you find the root to be more delicious than the food, heres a root for thought

Shouldn't the root of Rockets technology be credited to Tipu Sultan or even the Chinese for that matter
Bacuase last time I checked, Tipu Sultan wasn't really calling himself Igor Tipu Sultansky ;)

Voldy

The Dark lord

Great!!!!!( But it is for frenchie's not for IAF:D )

Last edited:
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

Actually it is this one,if you look carefully.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/French-roundel.svg/200px-French-roundel.svg.png

Oh well no point of arguing now,this clip is a straight rip from the movie "skyfighters"
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDgaYfxrIY
I am disappointed at people posting it on youtube as IAF video.

Hmmm.......what to believe and what not to believe....:-|

Great!!!!!( But it is for frenchie's not for IAF:D )

Yes.... Great video, creates a great inspiration for joining Airforce. :p

Moderators, please change the name of the title of the thread to "Amazing Airforce inspirational video".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom