Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
In what way is the AM2 Motherboards better than the 939 Motherboards for the AMD Processors. I had a plan of buying the ASUS A8N VM CSM Motherboard ( 939 ). Is this motherboard future proof or should I go for the AM2 motherboards for around the same price. Any idea about the price of AM2 motherboards?

Manxish

Broken In
AM2 is a good option for those who want the hardware to be 'future proof'.Lack of cheap mobo stops me from getting AM2.You have to wait for few more months till a good mobo comes out.

magnet

Youngling
c dude...if u getting whole new setuo than forget am2....gt core 2 duo......

if u getting am2 mobo....remmber u need am2 processer+ddr 2 rams.........

939 socket one wont fit in it.........

though it provides advantage am2.........there is no drastic improvment..which shd make u to go for now..........

also am2 processersin india availability low..somone said here in mumbai it will b available frm today.........may b in south they have launched

aadipa

Padawan
AM2 is the feature as AMD is moving on to DDR2. All new processors will be AM2. But AM2 with IGP is hard to find.

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Tanx a lot.. I'm just upgrading my sys. It's gotta outdated.. Well goin by your words i do find that the 939 board would be enough for me.. I dont play games quite often..

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Get an ASUS A8N VM ,256*2 zion ram and an AMD Athlon 3000+ processor.
It will be ok for occasional gaming

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Price drop in which case? Cld u plz elaborate further Also is the ASUS A8N VM different from the the ASUS A8N VM CSM model?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
the A8N-VM has the older 6100 IGP and the A8N-VM CSM has the 1650 IGP which is better..............and prices of the AMD processors have fallen considerably...and will fall more...

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
I have planned to buy the ASUS A8N VM CSM for the 939 socket. Is there any other mobo with better features for the same price. Cld anybody plz tell me the exact price of this model in and around Chennai?

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
What is the difference between ASUS A8N VM CSM and ASUS A8N VM CSM/NBP Models? which one is better and technicaly what is the difference?

GeekyBoy

In the zone
samrulez said:
the A8N-VM has the older 6100 IGP and the A8N-VM CSM has the 1650 IGP which is better..............and prices of the AMD processors have fallen considerably...and will fall more...

It has the 6150 IGP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom