AM suprise my drive D got lost while installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Broken In
Folks,

i was intalling win XP in drive C i chosed the right drive but after installing i found out that it was intalled in bopth my drive c : and D: and my whole data got lost.

Any please haeva suggestion or any thing could go wrong . plz let me know

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Think again did you choose the Repair option by any chance and dumped the new Windows file in your D Drive by any chance? A bit more detail needed as to the exact procedure you adopted to carry out the installation.

phatratt

In the zone
Bro,please elobrate your problem properly.I have some questions
:arrow: what was the earlier O/S
:arrow: do u have myltiple o/s??
:arrow: what filesystem are u using(FAT ot NTFS)

Best bet is run the setup again and check if u have any partition with different filesystem which windows does not support.

OP
B

Butterfly

Broken In
well,

Before my Drive D was fat now its NTFS and alco c drive is ntfs , umm am preety ssure that dint do repair .

Am really in shock right now well am preety sure that i installed it in drive c , and i di quick format with ntfs .

now whats happening is when i run my comp its giving me to win xp choise well one dosent work .

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
tht happened with me too
tht to not when installing the OS

it just happened and i was shocked

can someone tell why this happens?

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
well this might be the case that, when the system drive ( C:\ ) is unattainable, windows was unable to install or modify system files there and so it opted for drive D, when prompted to quick format, what actually got quick formatted was D and not C as expected.This happens when there's a corrupted OS on C: and u want to quick format it and load windows.

Best way is to format C: using floppy boot and then install windows on fresh formatted C and not on remanant C:

Lest u can do now is format both C: and D: using floppy boot and then install a frsh copy of windows to C:

OP
B

Butterfly

Broken In
Folks,

I think i found out the cause why the Win XP got installed in D drive instead in C Drive.

While installing i forget to delete the partation.

i dont no am not so sure thich could be the reason.

now second problem is that before i use to install Norton antivirus so easily , now whats happening is that it simply installs it dont even ask for a key .

am really in shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom