Am i secure..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
I have several questions regarding net security..here are those..

1.I am using Avast antivirus,comodo firewall..
So am i secure..any other anti that i need(all must be free softwares)...

2.I have read several reports regarding BroadBand theft..some hackers manages to hack our BB account and use it..Can it be done and any ways to prevent it.i have BSNL BB(250 rs) plan..

3.I have heard several reports of police tracking some persons who have downloaded illegal softwares,movies,songs etc..is it so easy to track us..That means if one downloads some cracks they will come to know and will know the person via his ISP..Any way to prevent it..

4.I am a big fan of Scene serial.. i have seen in the episodes the parties are chatting via secure network..how to do that..what are the softwares that i need..any risk..?

5.I have heard that the ISP provider will make a database of all our activities..that means when we clean the history,cookies.. even then we are not enjoying full privacy..Is it true and any ways to prevent it....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.I am using Avast antivirus,comodo firewall..
So am i secure..any other anti that i need(all must be free softwares)...
Avast is better than AVG if we consider Free AntiVirus, But I'll surely advise you to get NOD32 or Kaspersky (they aren't free). Also install a good AntiSpyware program like Spybot or Windows Defender.

2.I have read several reports regarding BroadBand theft..some hackers manages to hack our BB account and use it..Can it be done and any ways to prevent it.i have BSNL BB(250 rs) plan..
This is not possible now because BSNL has done Port Binding. This means that you can only connected to BSNL Broadband using your ID only by your Phone line.

3.I have heard several reports of police tracking some persons who have downloaded illegal softwares,movies,songs etc..is it so easy to track us..That means if one downloads some cracks they will come to know and will know the person via his ISP..Any way to prevent it..
Are you really going to download pirate stuff with just 1GB??

5.I have heard that the ISP provider will make a database of all our activities..that means when we clean the history,cookies.. even then we are not enjoying full privacy..Is it true and any ways to prevent it....
They just make the Database of the IP address allotted to the Username && Phone number with the Timings. I may be wrong. And they don't come that when we have erased our History, Cookies etc..:D You can surely use Proxies to secure anonymity on the Internet......

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
^^i just asked a BSNL official and he told me that if some one manages to hack into my BSNL account and know my password,he could use my account and can spend my account ...:shock:
Are you really going to download pirate stuff with just 1GB??
are yaar..what if i want to download some serials,cracks etc,..:evil:

4.I am a big fan of Scene serial.. i have seen in the episodes the parties are chatting via secure network..how to do that..what are the softwares that i need..any risk..?
^^any no reply to this :sad:

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use proxies.......

^^i just asked a BSNL official and he told me that if some one manages to hack into my BSNL account and know my password,he could use my account and can spend my account ...:shock:
I guess they haven't done Port Binding in your city. BTW BSNL guys are foolish and probably they don't now that whether they have done it or not. Don't rely on them. Simply try connecting with you Username & Password from your friends Telephone line (which has Broadband). If you are able to connect, then they haven't done Port Binding, if you aren't able to connect then they have done Port Binding......:D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^they all have done port binding afaik.

->they do maintain(or are required to maintain) IP record as gagandeep said,so even if you are on dynamic IP you could be traced if your ISP cooperates afaik.

->I know hamchi uses encryption while you chat with your friends vis hamachi.actually not many chat clients support encryption.I have no idea as how to encrypt all of your outgoing and incoming data.

->You know murphy's laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom