Allow image uploads with posts?

• I seldom have images to post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh

Right off the assembly line
Do we need the feature to allow uploading images with a post? This may be used to embed images or small files with the post for better post quality. Perhaps you can display a screenshot fo an error message with a query, or the screenshot of the new game level you designed etc.

A

Anonymous

Yes.

You can have a restriction on the max size of image that can be uploaded. Also bmp images should be compressed or converted to jpg or gif before uploading, helps in saving valuable web space.

scrEEmur

Right off the assembly line
Great idea, will definately help. Also as "TheMask" said, a strict filesize limit has to be maintained. Otherwise its better to can the idea.

Also, Saurabh, please activate dimension and/or size limits for avatars. People have been using big animated gifs for avatars, which in my opinion is total unnecessary.

nirubhai

Broken In
Sorry, guys but I have voted the third option here.
Coz' it's true!
If u see few other forums (which r there from years) they r surviving mere on text :!: I think we must thank digit to give us opportunity to express us here graphically & that too free of cost!

I must say, if ever u want to elaborate ur point then images sure help. But then, linking them from another site is somewhat crude way. The link may be broken after some time. The remote host may not be active or may be too slow! I have experienced it sometimes that because of some image links on villagephotos.com site. The page won't show up completely (some problem on that server). After some time I managed to see the page when I used the option in Opera to show only cahed images.

To my opinion, if u want to use images, it must be on local host.
Plz try not to upload unnecessasry images like jokes, screenshots of start menu on the server. Also delete the image if it really wastes space.

And yes, please put limit on avatar size.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
u pose a limit on image size not on no. of images.
as current maximum no. of images per post is set 4.
it creates a havoc esplecially while posting tutorials as they are with step by step illustrations(many pics).as the result u have to post in parts which makes it irritating! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom