All who have done or are doing GATE help me (also a C++ query)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tukaibatman

I am a second year engineering student in IP university, Delhi (Electronics and Communication Engg). I think now is the right time to start preparation for gate
so tell me which books are the best. which coaching center gives the best study material.(And don' tell me to search in forums as i tried but found completely useless things)

Secondly i also want to learn a bit of C++. which book i should go with
to give u people an idea i hv earlier read Herbert Schildt & Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2005

sakumar79

Technomancer
C++ book by Balaguruswamy is a good book for beginners... Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel is a great book for those with existing programming skills.

Arun

OP
T

tukaibatman

i hv already read balaguruswamy & robert lafore
tell me something more advanced

and anyone knows a good book to start prparation for GATE

sakumar79

Technomancer
As I had mentioned, Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel is a great book for those who are a bit experienced...

Arun

abhijitroy

Broken In
GATE sylab covers the whole gamut of ug course. So starting prep for that exam in 2nd yr sounds a bit prematured. It is better you be thorough in your ug education that you are getting right now. Moreover, you can compare GATE sylab with the sylab being followed in your college to know whether you are missing something. Then, u can plug those loopholes. At present, as I said, try to know about your subject as much as you can. From 3rd yr on u can perhaps start solving past yr question papers of GATE. Going for coaching is sheer wastage of time and is counter productive. So, u better stick to your textbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom