All magazines contain same Linux Distro !! Strange ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
The PC magazines giving Lin distros in DVD is sure a great idea. Really appreaciate it. It helps people like me who do not have broadband.

I found something strange checking the magazines last few months. Now, all these (Digit, Chip and PC World) give the same distro each month !! Like months back, all three gave Fedora same month, then it was Mint. This month it is Open Suse !

Is it because they just give which is popular and recently released version ? Only that makes all magazines give the same distro every month ?

I agree it may not be possible for each magazines to know what other magazine is planning to give, but last few months it all goes very similar / same.

Not a big deal, but for someone whos interested in Lin and buy all these magazines get the same DVD !

Not a complaint or something, but was wondering any others noticed this or this happens just con-incidential (or whatever it is called - typo may be - lol)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Actually I buy the mag and not interested in the content of the DVD , but yea almost all carry the same distro :p.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I'm surprised, haven't the Linux users of this country tried LinuxForYou mag?

Except for Digit and LFY, I d'ont buy any other. Maybe sometimes I miss out Digit but never LFY.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
yeh... LFY is surely a gr8 mag for Linux.

I don't get it here on stalls. But it comes in our college. I read it there every month !!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hitbox.champion said:
I'm surprised, haven't the Linux users of this country tried LinuxForYou mag?

Except for Digit and LFY, I d'ont buy any other. Maybe sometimes I miss out Digit but never LFY.

yeah LFY is the mag for linux.:)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Hmm I noticed it..
But I dont buy any other magazine but Digit.
I read other from different sources.
And LinuxForU is sure a gr8 mag.

praka123

left this forum longback
LFY is not available although it is in gr8 demand in my area.I have to go to paico kochin asap every month before the copies finishes.so,now i rarely buy LFY.even i liked their forum too.but it was spammed like hell by .?.
I remembered even i have travelled to Kochin in 2003,just to get the copy!
now BB gave independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom