• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

All laptop related queries here!!!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@damngoodman999
It was kinda hard to look up Dell Vostro 1310. A product link? I think these models are expensive? Cuz the ones I got were 1,000$+.

Also which Acer Extensa model is within the range?

@azaad_shri75
I think Acers are less dependable than Dells?
----

I just need an inexpensive notebook that runs Linux well. Any hardware prerequisites can be neglected.

techno0065

Broken In
hey can neone tell me sumthing more abt dis studio 1555...lik i hve heard dat deres some colour problem in da screen??? n also does it heat up too much??? ...plz share ur experience wid dis lappy so far...neone???

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@damngoodman999
It was kinda hard to look up Dell Vostro 1310. A product link? I think these models are expensive? Cuz the ones I got were 1,000$+.

Also which Acer Extensa model is within the range?

@azaad_shri75
I think Acers are less dependable than Dells?
----

I just need an inexpensive notebook that runs Linux well. Any hardware prerequisites can be neglected.

Acer Extensa which comes which core2duo 2GB RAM 160GB HDD costs u 29500/- , i dono exact model no i let u know by today !

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
about the dell studio 1555 ...nope the screen is great ...no colour problems yet, altough the factory settings for the contrast and gamma and all could have been better ....am looking for some software to set these optimally, will let you know more on this soon...

As far as heating is concerned ..no it does not heat up too much as long as the vents are not obstructed so no lying on the bed and using the lappy...Long hours of gaming and all will heat the lap to some extent but then also the palm rests and all do not heat up too much ....also I have a 9 cell battery so it gives a nice front tilt to the laptop creating even more space for air circulation ....

the lap is pretty good ..looks ...keyboard ...features and all....vista is a pain but then dell have now oficially released windows XP dirvers for this model so will move to XP soon....

You can check out other reviews in the reviews section of this forum ....will post a longer review there soon....

techno0065

Broken In
hey thanks rage
i hve just ordered da da dell studio 1555 wid da following config
p8600 processor 2.4 ghz
4 gd ddr2 ram
512 ati 4570 gr320 gb 7200 rpm hard disk
topo black colour
backlit keyboard and creative soundcard
windows vista 64 bit
total price comes out to be rs57398
m gettin a bluetooth mouse free and a bag worth 840
will be gettin dis widin a week...hope derse no prob wid da screen in mine tooo!!!

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
hey can neone tell me sumthing more abt dis studio 1555...lik i hve heard dat deres some colour problem in da screen??? n also does it heat up too much??? ...plz share ur experience wid dis lappy so far...neone???

I am using the product since the past two weeks. No such screen problems, at least for me. Heard that they are replacing the faulty screens with newly calibrated screens.

The laptop doesn't heat up much. I spend hours playing GTA IV and obtained 43~48 FPS with the latest ATI catalyst 9.5 drivers (modded to work with Dell s1555, by myself ;)) Even after playing for hours, the product does not get heated up. I am not using any form of notebook coolers..

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
hey thanks rage
i hve just ordered da da dell studio 1555 wid da following config
p8600 processor 2.4 ghz
4 gd ddr2 ram
512 ati 4570 gr320 gb 7200 rpm hard disk
topo black colour
backlit keyboard and creative soundcard
windows vista 64 bit
total price comes out to be rs57398
m gettin a bluetooth mouse free and a bag worth 840
will be gettin dis widin a week...hope derse no prob wid da screen in mine tooo!!!

I got the same for 52500/-. Base config with the addition of 512MB GPU and back lighted keyboard. How come they charge u 4900/- extra? No freebies extra of course.

The creative addon is just software, no hardware changes.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks cooltechie will check it out.....by the way is there any free software that can help me set my screen contrast and other things....I remember there was one in which you were shown coloured cubes and things and had to change the settings accordingly to get the perfect display ...any idea where I can get it?

By the way the ans to my own problem the dell gives some problem connecting to others due to the mcaffee firewall...I need to turn it off and then access the LAN.

techno0065

Broken In
I got the same for 52500/-. Base config with the addition of 512MB GPU and back lighted keyboard. How come they charge u 4900/- extra? No freebies extra of course.

i think the taxes have raised my price...i belong to punjab bt i suspect 4900 is too much...excluding taxes the price was 52772..

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@cool_techie_tvm: is the new bios worth updating to?

@techno0065: I think all the taxes are mandatory .....being in punjab you'll be getting a concession that is equal to your VAT paid ....don't worry too much, the laptop's great and worth every paise you put in....

techno0065

Broken In
bt how cum u get it 4900 less cool techie....did u get da p8600 processor or da default t6400?? n can u plz tell da amount u paid in taxes???

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I paid rs 53K ..the only changes being 512MB graphics card, 9cell battery, topo black colour and 4GB of RAM ...this should come out to 52K now .....

You get the best price if you buy online straight from dell...

Top Bottom