• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

All laptop related queries here!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Found a better alternative:

This one had 1 TB + 256 GB SSD. Nice isn't it? At the cost of lightweight.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Found a better alternative:

This one had 1 TB + 256 GB SSD. Nice isn't it? At the cost of lightweight.
You missed my point. Don't buy dual core laptops.

Has quad core 3500U, 8GB ram and 512 GB ssd. No amount of extra storage is worth sacrificing a non upgradable core component.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Vyom go with above laptop, it is indeed costlier but has ips screen & trust me that itself is worth extending the budget not to mention it has ryzen 5 quad core & 512gb ssd. Get it from someone having sbi acc & yono app & use your sbi simply click card to get an effective discount of 1900(5% yono cashback)+950(sbi simplyclick 2.5% reward points) so effective final price will be just ~35k.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you look at my original request, I initially wanted to get a laptop for around 30k and for basic usage. Requirement was no gaming or coding or video editing.
So 8K (even if discounts) is a bit overboard.
I know you all have my best interests in mind, but I really think for the requirement, it's became a bit too much.

Still I am thinking about getting it. Afterall, you don't buy a laptop every year. But if I do, I will only get 1k discount. I don't know anyone with Yono app.

Edit: Found Quad core/8 GB/512 GB SSD laptop for below Rs 30K Buy ASUS VivoBook X510QA-EJ202T AMD Quad Core A12-9720P 15.6-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/FP Reader/1.70 kg), Gold Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
If display is ignored, this looks sweet deal?
Edit2: nvm my Edit. It's A series processor.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
f you look at my original request, I initially wanted to get a laptop for around 30k and for basic usage. Requirement was no gaming or coding or video editing.
So 8K (even if discounts) is a bit overboard.
I know you all have my best interests in mind, but I really think for the requirement, it's became a bit too much.

Still I am thinking about getting it. Afterall, you don't buy a laptop every year. But if I do, I will only get 1k discount. I don't know anyone with Yono app.
You don't know anybody with a sbi acc?? They are the biggest bank in India & logically there should be almost nobody who does not know somebody having a sbi acc. You just need a person with sbi acc & a smart phone in which yono can is/can be installed, amazon acc login & card to make the payment will be yours so nothing going from that person's bank acc. You will be extending the budget by 5k which I think is reasonable considering a 3-4 years duration.

Still if you really can't manage the above then I guess just buy the dual core ryzen 3200u laptop with ssd from one of the four suggestions I gave earlier.

Neo

@SaiyanGoku
I pretty much answered the questions in the template but here ya go :

100k budget, less the better
14-15 inch screen
Usage - development/multimedia/lightgaming - basically 16gigs RAM a light GPU would do

want slim and light and good build quality
kinda settled for Msi Prestige/Modern 14 but idk if anyting else is available

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@SaiyanGoku
I pretty much answered the questions in the template but here ya go :

100k budget, less the better
14-15 inch screen
Usage - development/multimedia/lightgaming - basically 16gigs RAM a light GPU would do

want slim and light and good build quality
kinda settled for Msi Prestige/Modern 14 but idk if anyting else is available
Slim & light is opposite to a good gaming laptop which seems more suited for your usage. :?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Still if you really can't manage the above then I guess just buy the dual core ryzen 3200u laptop with ssd from one of the four suggestions I gave earlier.

Unfortunately I couldn't buy the Rs 38000 laptop. While available, it was showing undeliverable at my location and also in Surat. Just back luck perhaps.
I think I have another chance now and another day to find a comparable laptop.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
XPS 15 is good but 150k . G14 is also good but idk if available here. theres also this msi gs66 stealth. i'll take whatever comes inder 100k
Are you talking about this one:

Neo

Are you talking about this one:
Not the one but does fit. I think G14 i going to be north of 150k anyway..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the one but does fit. I think G14 i going to be north of 150k anyway..
Better wait then if you can for Oct sale, by that time availability should be better & with best offers of the year it should get you a good laptop closest to what you are aiming for.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
XPS 15 is good but 150k . G14 is also good but idk if available here. theres also this msi gs66 stealth. i'll take whatever comes inder 100k
Can you get a laptop from the USA ? I got the Dell XPS 7590 from the US for around 1000 USD last year. That's approximately half of the India's Pricing.

vishu_ka

Broken In
Hi all. I have almost 6 years old Lenovo Z50-70 Laptop with 4 gb RAM which I need help in upgrading by adding 8 gb RAM. After going through lot of tutorials and articles for choosing compatible RAM, I become confused since I can't even determine what kind of RAM I am already having (please refer to attached images).

Please reply following points :
  1. Best compatible additional RAM (hoping for additional 8 gb upgrade).
  2. What is my 4 gb RAM's frequency? 800 MHz or 1600 MHz?
  3. How many RAM slots do I have?
  4. Maximum memory capacity I can upgrade to?
Thanks

CMD results

Untitled.jpg

Crucial Scan

Crucial.jpg

CPU-Z results

CPUz.jpg

Crucial 2.jpg

Laptop RAM pic

IMG_20200622_211210.jpg

Task Manager

Task Mgr.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please reply following points :
  1. Best compatible additional RAM (hoping for additional 8 gb upgrade).
  2. What is my 4 gb RAM's frequency? 800 MHz or 1600 MHz?
  3. How many RAM slots do I have?
  4. Maximum memory capacity I can upgrade to?
1. Prices of ram & ssd are increased a lot this year & I don't suggest spending too much on a 6 years old laptop anyway so just get this:

2. DDR means double data rate so "apparent/manufacturer stated frequency" is double of "actual frequency" & all tools like cpu-z show actual frequency so your ram actual frequency is 800MHz & apparent/manufacturer frequency(the one you will use to buy) is 1600MHz.

3. For that the only definite way to confirm is by opening the laptop.

4. up to 12gb is usually a safe option to consider & every laptop made in last 10 years should support at least 8gb.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hello guys finally I have booked Acer Aspire 7 core i5 with gtx 1650 @ 50500 after hdfc credit card cashback.

Acer Aspire 7 Core i5 9th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650) A715-75G-50SA Gaming Laptop Rs.79999 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire 7 Core i5 9th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650) A715-75G-50SA Gaming Laptop Charcoal Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

It ticks all my major needs atleast on papers like better battery, decent display, simple looks not too flashy like other gaming laptops, and midrange specs in my opinion.

No hdd slot but can upgrade to 1tb nvme m.2 ssd. I have 1 spare external 1tb hdd which can be managed.

I hope its ok for the price point.
Any pointer which I may have missed?
Opinions from experienced members welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom