• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

All laptop related queries here!!!

htr

Right off the assembly line
I intend to use a laptop for browsing, playing videos and gaming. Although I'm not a profound gamer, I expect to play the latest games in decent resolution and graphics quality at the least. My budget is about 30k. Flipkart.com offers the Samsung RV NP-RV518-S01IN laptop for a little over 30k. It comes with NVIDIA GeForce GT520 graphic processor.
So, what advantage (or disadvantage) does a laptop have in gaming with a GT520 with 1 GB of dedicated memory, on a laptop with Intel HD 3000 with no dedicated VRAM at all?
The one with the GT520 is about Rs.3,000 more than the one with just the HD 3000. What makes the GT520 so expensive, then? Thanks in advance. :)

Top_Gun

Broken In
Hey everybody, I want to buy a new laptop, preferably within rs.40000. My dad will be paying, and he doesn't trust ASUS and LG, so could someone help me out by suggesting some models from HP/DELL/Acer/Lenovo/Toshiba/Sony/Samsung? I realise HP and Dell are probably a bit overpriced, but still, any suggestions will be helpful. :smile:

ayush3000

Broken In
hey i was looking to buy a laptop within 90k. my main reqs are a graphics card over or equal to gt555m or ati 6770m, full hd screen and it shd b able to run engineering software like autodesk 3ds max or autocad. also since my parents are gonna buy the laptop i would prefer if it was not branded as a gaming laptop.
the dell xps 17 suited.my needs, but i was wondering if there was a version of it without the 3d screen but rest specs as same. thanks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I intend to use a laptop for browsing, playing videos and gaming. Although I'm not a profound gamer, I expect to play the latest games in decent resolution and graphics quality at the least. My budget is about 30k. Flipkart.com offers the Samsung RV NP-RV518-S01IN laptop for a little over 30k. It comes with NVIDIA GeForce GT520 graphic processor.
So, what advantage (or disadvantage) does a laptop have in gaming with a GT520 with 1 GB of dedicated memory, on a laptop with Intel HD 3000 with no dedicated VRAM at all?
The one with the GT520 is about Rs.3,000 more than the one with just the HD 3000. What makes the GT520 so expensive, then? Thanks in advance. :)

There's not much diff b/w GT520 and HD3000. Of course the former performs about 10% better, but not worthy keeping in mind the extra 3k spent, and lesser battery life.

Hey everybody, I want to buy a new laptop, preferably within rs.40000. My dad will be paying, and he doesn't trust ASUS and LG, so could someone help me out by suggesting some models from HP/DELL/Acer/Lenovo/Toshiba/Sony/Samsung? I realise HP and Dell are probably a bit overpriced, but still, any suggestions will be helpful. :smile:

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

hey i was looking to buy a laptop within 90k. my main reqs are a graphics card over or equal to gt555m or ati 6770m, full hd screen and it shd b able to run engineering software like autodesk 3ds max or autocad. also since my parents are gonna buy the laptop i would prefer if it was not branded as a gaming laptop.
the dell xps 17 suited.my needs, but i was wondering if there was a version of it without the 3d screen but rest specs as same. thanks

This-

Buy MSI Gaming Laptop GT683 (Intel i7) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

You will get this in 82k after applying the coupon. (only 2 days remaining for coupon)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thnx man :) But till now its not in my hand! :( Waiting for the courier guy to come.. :hyper: And yeah how can I forget to take that ;)
BTW its Sujay, not sujoy :duh2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom