All in one hardware??

Would you go in for a all in one printer,scanner, fax, photocopier or stand alone?

• all-in-one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe one or 2 things together (&maybe have aback-up like a extra printer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
I am planning to buy a all in one hardware system which has a printer, fax, photo-copier, scanner etc. Quite a few of them are available today with quite a few brands making them.

There have also been quite a few write-ups and tests in the digit magazine, which have been quite informative about which one has what and why.

However just the other day a friend of mine dis-uaded me as he had his machine come to a standstill and everything came to a grinding halt. His amc guy did not have a standby all-in-one so he got him some of the things seperately (printer etc)

Now wouldn't it be better to buy everything seperately (but more expensive) or everything in one machine (relatively cheaper). Please give your comments . Thanks.

sms_solver

In the zone
if you have money go for separate hardware

One problem with all-in-one is that if yr machine stops working, then printing, scanning, faxing stuffs will also stops

but if money is a concern go for multifunctional hardware

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Another point to consider is that many MFDs have lower performance for each of their functions than standalones.

theraven

Technomancer
Another point to consider is that many MFDs have lower performance for each of their functions than standalones.
hmm
thats not entirely true
they perform equally good
tho i guess there might be exceptions

theraven

Technomancer
hmm
thats not entirely true
personally id surely go for an MFD .. well sometime later
i use separate devices now :D
its just convenient. .
tho it has its disadvantages as already mentioned
one part goes ... ur short a printer AND a scanner !!
so depends entirely on u actually
if u dun use much of them ..and u cant afford separate devices ... its quite a good choice
if ur dependent on them ... and u van afford it ... go for them separately

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
theraven said:
hmm
thats not entirely true
personally id surely go for an MFD .. well sometime later
i use separate devices now :D
its just convenient. .
tho it has its disadvantages as already mentioned
one part goes ... ur short a printer AND a scanner !!
so depends entirely on u actually
if u dun use much of them ..and u cant afford separate devices ... its quite a good choice
if ur dependent on them ... and u van afford it ... go for them separately

Raven......so what i understand that you are saying is that if you can afford buy everything seperately but the an mfd is more convinient......aren't you contradicting your own self ??!!

Anyways i have another thought on this i think these are more suitable for small office and home operations where it is not viable to buy everything seperately and maybe the person will use the scanner only once in a while and so he might never buy it seperately...........similarly he might be printing only a few pages everyday !!! So this means it is not viable for hardcore applications..............which say standalone devices can indulge in?

what are your thoughts on this??

theraven

Technomancer
nope i aint contradictin myself
i never said either is bad ...
i said both are good ... both perform equally well ...
MFDs MAY cause problems if either part goes off ...
the whole machine will be down
if u use them separate .. and ur scanner is spoilt .. atleast ur printer is up
but then takin care of ur hardware is upto u
personally ive used both ... and i have had no trouble soo far in 4 yrs of use !!!
so u can imagine that
i just gave YOU criteria to decide .....i have my own criteria's when i need to decide ... i thot these would help u

if you can afford buy everything seperately but the an mfd is more convinient
i can understand how u feel that is contradictin .. but i didnt mean it in those exact words ... my bad ;)
if u can use the convenience of an MFD ... and its cheaper .. why not go for it ?
similarly ... if u think MFD's are useless ... and their disadvantage is quite major for YOUR work ... also u are skeptical abt it ... AND u can afford it ... then go for separate devices for YOUR peace of mind

anyways me believe in HP .... if not .. then EPSON ( they are more noisy )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom