Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Instead of installing GTalk and Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger, is there any software from which we can access all the accounts and chat from our Desktops?:confused:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ I have switched to Digsby for the past month and find it very good, especially the Facebook & Twitter integration.

Yup, +1 for digsby. Can connect to all major IM and social networking services including yahoo, google, windows live, facebook, twitter and linked etc. One thing that i like about it is that, apart from being one stop shop for all communication needs, it can be docked to one side of screen like the vista sidebar and can autohide. Plus it shows email headers for yahoo, gmail and windows live and you can do basic tasks like deleting mails you dont want to read right from the tray icons of every account. Many a times i dont have to login into my emails as i delete the spam and unwanted ones from it. Another good feature is its update system, it checks for them every startup and if there is any, silently downloads and installs them without any user intervention. And updates too are progressive, only 100-900Kb each time. So its hassel free and always updated. i have switched to it completly for last 2 months and didn't had any problem till now.

ya me too, but with digsby, the updates are so small that i dont mind much. Besides, it also gives me an option to cancel the update. It clearly shows on the interface, that its updating and the process happens more or less like its part of the logon procedure. :) Thats why i dont mind it much. Never does it asks for a system, leave that alone, even a restart of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom