All Cellfones to Have Same Charging plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, LG, and Nokia have agreed to use micro USB as a charging-plug standard for phones. Your days of buying a bagful of accessories every time you switch phones have come to an end. Well, not quite. You will still have to toss out all your mini USB chargers, as this decision in truth indicates a rejection of that budding de facto standard. Yep, all the carriers and accessories makers will have one last chance to profit before the standard is in place.

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/09/Mini_v_Micro.jpg

Source

This is really good news .... but i think its gonna be some time before this becomes really helpful

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
excellent newz indeed !!! :) It would have been wonderful if there was a single unified standard of memory cards, chargers and batteries for all mobile devices... :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good news.
Now people won't "ask do you have <Brand name> Charger?"
They will simply come & take yours without ur notice. :)
I like the idea of universal.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
iMav said:
Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, LG, and Nokia have agreed to use micro USB as a charging-plug standard for phones. Your days of buying a bagful of accessories every time you switch phones have come to an end. Well, not quite. You will still have to toss out all your mini USB chargers, as this decision in truth indicates a rejection of that budding de facto standard. Yep, all the carriers and accessories makers will have one last chance to profit before the standard is in place.

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/09/Mini_v_Micro.jpg

Source

This is really good news .... but i think its gonna be some time before this becomes really helpful
News is good but how we have to wait for this to come into effect??

maybe 5 years at least to fully see this unified charger into place??

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Now finally moto and SE users can stop banging their heads over the lack of availability of their chargers in remote areas of India.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
shukhar hai bhagwan ka.. companies ne meri baat sun li.. main kitni der se jeh suggest kar reha tha ..and now they have taken up my advice as reality :) :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Thank god for this! I don't know why they even started with these different plugs. I hope those digital camera manufacturers also get some sense knocked into their heads and make a standard USB port for all cameras...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom