Alienware Plans for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/9683/800px-Alienware_logo.svg.png
The Merger of The Titans

It seems Alienware is interested in Linux based PC's and Laptops :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I would love to see their Linux based PC ;)

Take part in the Survey : Alienware Survey

amitava82

MMO Addict
Why would people buy a gaming system and use Linux on it? Unless they are hoping to save some extra bucks by using pirated Windows... lol

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
Why would people buy a gaming system and use Linux on it? Unless they are hoping to save some extra bucks by using pirated Windows... lol
couldnt agree more
(btw u didnt really steal this from my brain did u?

AARRRRGGGG. BRAINHACK detected.)

praka123

left this forum longback
well ,may be alienware understood the superiority of the OSS platform? :p okay participated.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
well off the top of my mind quake 3,4
some more commercial games do exist read an article on digg sometime back

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
The question is more like - Why not? Theres no EULA stating you HAVE to game on it now do you :D.

Can I know the current high end games available for linux?.
Crysis and Oblivion good enough? Although the graphics are a bit off and this is on Wine in time I see it getting better. I've personally run CoD4 also. Please note these are on Wine. if I recall right isnt there a Steam Client for Linux and isn't HL2 supported for Linux?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I just wanted to know native games.. I know one can play games using wine .. but im asking abt native games.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Here you go buddy..42 of the best commercial games available natively on linux

*www.linuxlinks.com/article/20080530054213402/CommercialGames.html

btw, my 500th post :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^Here you go buddy..42 of the best commercial games available natively on linux

*www.linuxlinks.com/article/20080530054213402/CommercialGames.html

btw, my 500th post :D
Thanks .. I knew abt Doom3, Q3 & Q4.. but didnt know abt ET and MOH..
I hope commercial games target more on OpenGL for platform independent gaming :)

It might also just be for the l00ks.
Alienware might have realised that vista is t00 ugly for their comouter. :lol:

Anyway, jokes apart, this move is indeed intresting. Are they bundling Wine with their computers now ?

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Do not forget Steam is porting all its games to Linux platform so as Blizzard planing to do .. Soon everyone will follow the trail :D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
^^ I just wanted to know native games.. I know one can play games using wine .. but im asking abt native games.
But, why should they care if the users run their games natively or on wine, as long as there's demand there for the same?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey guys, Dell brought Alienware, through a complete acquisition process abt 2yrs by now. Dell was always a supporter and sponsor for GNU/Linux, dats y they provide different Linux Distros at times on their Desktop PCs if no choice for OS is given at purchase time. So as a promotional purpose they maybe providing Linux on Alienware for free if no OS is purchased by the customer.......like ultimate gamers who prefer installing customized windows OSs like WinXP Gamer Editions after purchasing.

Also , why should we care as Alienware is not available in India and will never be.

Alienware is available in India by special requests to Dell.......Dell just started their offical assembling and distribution base in Chennai. Now Dell XPS gamer products are their premium products, they will be starting official sales for Alienware in India soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom