Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hey can anyone tell me are there Alienware Laptops available in India? If yes can you tell me whether the prices vary much.... can we assemble laptops or desktop like alienware hardwares. I am interested in alienware cuz its great for animation.

Pathik

Google Bot
u can surely assemble desktops havin similar configs to alienware....
but they ll be veryyy expensive... n i think they do ship products to india..

faraaz

Evil Genius
I doubt it...I tried getting one last year and the said they wouldn't ship it down or something. I didn't care though...bought me a rippin desktop instead!

shantanu

Technomancer
i think after all .. Lappy has some LIMITS .. but you can upgrade desktop with even 2000 bucks in your pocket.. and... and desktops are much better when it comes to GAMING

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U u can get nearly twice performing PC if u choose desktop instead of laptop.
for eg, u can get a real monster for 80k~1L, but for the price a laptops so limited.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Shantanu: Alienware laptop graphics are fully upgradeable...just make sure you spend a bomb on upgrading the CPU as much as you can as that's the only part which is not upgradeable (IIRC).

Sourabh

Laptoping
Alienware laptops are not at all costly today. They are priced just like any other laptop. Please note they are gaming laptops primarily, so you won't find budget notebooks there. Moreover, if there is any premium for the Alienware brand, it is 10% max from the general market price and well, the looks do justify it!

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Alienware has no shop or distributor or reseller in India. Even if you manage to import one you won't be able to get technical support and service. And Yes it is confirmed that they won't ship their products to india. I'm a subscriber of their newsletter. I mailed them and they confirmed it.

And if gaming is your main concern then try a Dell XPS or The Asus (Check the model no. I forgot) lappy. It runs most recent games smoothly.

And you must be rich!!!!!!!!!!! Alienware. In my wishlist for past two years.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I've started saving up for the m5790 already! :D Of course, I'm going to wait till they come out with SLI 8800 GTX config or better in that notebook...

Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz
2 GB RAM
400 GB HDD
2 GeForce 8800s..have to wait for this. Or could settle for a 256 MB Radeon X1950...

Plus all the other Alienware goodies...brings a tear to my eye! :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
That is insane...really. It is really harder for nvidia and ATI to maintain that fine balance between portability, cooling, power consumption, ... on one side and Performance on the other for notebook GPUs. The performance increase is obviously not on the same levels in newer generation of graphic processors when comparing the desktop counterparts with notebook's. So, before you go with to-be-launched Go 8800GTX in the near future (late 2008), do check the performance increase. By the time they come, the Go7900GTX and Go 790GTX powered laptops may be quite cheap to make a decision go in their favor. I know getting a high end Alienware is cool, but sometimes it does get a bit overboard (Just my opinion) Let's not forget to accept Alienware no longer holds the monopoly for portable gaming monsters. There are a lot better and cheaper options with absolutely bare minimum compromises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom