airtel new packages screen shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
*img151.imageshack.us/img151/3272/3961844358377fda81dxw2.jpg

*img225.imageshack.us/img225/3599/3961843605c2bfa954cok2.jpg

so whats ur comments ???

T

thunderbird.117

Big Deal. I do not see anything special. Other than marketing by airtel people to get more customer.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, it is a hell of a lot better than paying 900 bucks per month for a 256 Kbps unlimited connection.

just crap....unless any ISP offers Unlimited with atleast 1Mbps speed...
However Airtel is better than BSNL as it provide DSL while BSNL ADSL..but still Aritel lacks Happy Hours which BSNL gives to its subscribers.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
alok4best said:
just crap....unless any ISP offers Unlimited with atleast 1Mbps speed...
However Airtel is better than BSNL as it provide DSL while BSNL ADSL..but still Aritel lacks Happy Hours which BSNL gives to its subscribers.

well airtel has happy hours , from 11pm to 8 am where you get double speeds .

nyways , new plans r just the same , i still pay rs 900 for 256 kbps unlimited n i'll have to pay same in new plans so what's the diff ?

nishanth_che

Broken In
512Kbps for 12 months sounds very tempting :) I think at the end of 12 months they will continue to give 512Kbps or even higher speeds becasue I think 12 months from now most ISPs would be giving atleast 512 Kbps for Rs 900.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
WTF is upto?? This highest speed will be there when you won't use it! haha.

My cable-operator (who just took Airtel franchise) has offered me -
256kbps -
1. Limit - 1GB - Rs. 250
2. Limit - 2GB - Rs. 400
3. Limit - UL - Rs. 600

so, it is cheaper than BSNL which is 900pm. But, no idea about speed.

Anyone any experience with Airtel broadband?? Is it better or atleast equal to BSNL?

T

thunderbird.117

thecyclone2k said:

256kbps -
1. Limit - 1GB - Rs. 250
2. Limit - 2GB - Rs. 400
3. Limit - UL - Rs. 600

Anyone any experience with Airtel broadband?? Is it better or atleast equal to BSNL?

I need to know that too. Is it worth getting and waiting for Airtel or should i get BSNL right now.

thecyclone2k said:

256kbps -
1. Limit - 1GB - Rs. 250
2. Limit - 2GB - Rs. 400
3. Limit - UL - Rs. 600

Airtel is way better than BSNL..good QOS..and the underlying tech is also different..BSNL uses ADSL.In ADSL they tweak the bandwidth so that data flow speed is higher downstream than upstream.To be precise the UL/DL ratio is 1/8 in case of BSNL..
on the other hand AIRTEL uses DSL..so whatever u get downstream is equal to what u can send upstream..ratio 1/1.more useful for torrent users who need to maintain a healthy ratio.
also BSNL suffers from disconnection problems..If u hv a choice u must go for AIRTEL...sadly I m on BSNL :(

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
For all those who are still in doubt if they can go in with Airtel or not --

~~I have been using Airtel 256kbps Unlimited connection for around 2 years now...and NOT for even 1 minute it has gone down..not for even 1 minute. THats called service and reliability which BSNL etc dont care about.

~~Modem, even though i purchased it initially for 1700 from Airtel, was replaced twice in two years without any charges. The change was done after initial 1 year of warranty. Again, thats customer service.

~~ I am getting double download speed DAILY since more than a year ( ranges from 45kBps to 52KBps ) ... excelent !!

~~ Morning speed ranges from 22KBps to 27KBps ... nothing more I can expect and care.

~~ I had to shift my residence once...shifting was done free of charge...connection was in place even before I moved...all of this in just 1 phone call.

As far as the accompanied screenshots are concerned, there is NO change whatsoever in any of the plans. What I would love to pay is around 1300 -1500 for 512kbps Unlimited.

FYI...i am from Gurgaon/NCR.

forever

filth is me
i totally agree to every word the grinning devil said, airtel has been the best isp of all ive tried :)

aryayush said:
I am on BSNL too but I do not suffer any 'disconnection problems'.
You r lucky then..May be thats bcoz at ur place they are not loaded that much.Here in Bangalore ,they even stopped giving new connections since september(till March 2007) in some parts of the city,just bcoz they dnt hv any more capacity as of now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom