Airtel live portal configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terahertz

Broken In
hello friends,
I have an SE j300i and want to know how to configure the airtel wap portal on my phone. I also want to know if i can browse that particular site on the pc by connecting the phone to the pc.
Bye..

soham

In the zone
You cannot browse the net on ur pc using Airtel's "WAP over GPRS" . However u can do it on both ur pc and cellphone using "GPRS Mobile Office" . For settings of the former sms LIVE to 646 and for the latter sms MO to 646 or call 121 :wink: .

OP
T

Terahertz

Broken In
But I can Browse many sites on the mobile like google.com, thinkdigit.com, yahoomail, gmail etc etc. I just want to see them on computer. Is it not possible.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
HEY SOHUM,will the NOKIA 3220(with EDGE) be adequate enough in TERMS OF SPEED to BROWSE THE NET through AIRTEL MOBILE OFFICE GPRS Connection?

** AdequateSpeed = approx same speed as one gets in a 56kbps dial-up connection

soham

In the zone
U r never goin 2 get EDGE speed with a GPRS connection . Airtel GPRS provides a theoritical bandwith of 115 kbps . But actual speeds are much slower .

vamsee

Broken In
WHO SAYS YOU CAN NOT BROWSE PC YOUR FROM AIRTEL WAP RS 149 PER 3 MONTHS NOT GPRS. I BROWSE FROM WAP IN BANGALORE AND DOWNLOAD 2 GB PER MONTH AT 50 kbps. ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR HEAD IN WORKING CONDITION TO HACK INTO AIRTEL. I USE SE J300

vamsee

Broken In
hi alanpaladka,
i too thought same thing for 10 days after enabling wap in my handset which enables browsing only in handset. After 10 days of hardship and working for about 8 hrs a day on 11th day i got it connected. Then net was there on my pc. next i tried for java applications connecting net from my handset eg opera. But no luck i was trying for 30 days and on 31st day i got opera and all other java app got connected to net.
WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY.
i dont like nokia especially 6600. but i would like to give some hints so that u can configure ur mobile on net. first u have to create an access point and configure. then u have to use bluetooth or cable and use ur pc suite/software of bluetooth configured for airtel or any other operator who provides wap connection. if u have gprs connection thats offical and u can get help from operator itself. Last is to configure ur browser opera or ie for proxy server address and port number.

Well u have specific questions i can try helping u.

bye bye

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
vamsee great that you got it working. I have a SE w800i and I too have been struggling to get Opera and eMSN working on my mobile. I have WAP service and I can browse normal site. Got any tips mate ?

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@ TechGuru#1

Connecting with 3220:

Buy DKU5/CA 42 cable
Install Nokia PC Suite + Cable driver

Add modem from control panel before connecting ur phone but after connecting ur cable and choose comport created by the cable (usually COM3)

Connect phone to pc

Open PC Suite

click "get connected"

choose connection type as cable

twiddle thumbs until phone gets detected

click on the icon "connect to the Internet"

Click "settings" in the window that opens up

Choose modem as Nokia 3220 cable

Choose service provider as airtel india

Click connect

Enjoy

btw, you can get bout 40 megs worth of surfing on a full charge and u'll get 80 to 100 kbps if the signal is ok also, if the phone hangs up, you'll have to take iut the battery and put it back in, just connect to the pc after switching, it'll auto sync time and date. PM me if u need further info.

If u have any of the Nokia phones with the DKU 2/CA 53 connector then it's a lot easier as everything gets autodetected and the speeds are better also...I have tested with a 6270 as well.

p.s. The 115.2 kbps shown in the taskbar is the theoretical max for the serial cable, not the phone, theoretical max for the phone is bout (48x5)kbps with all 5 time slots being used for download and you standing next to the tower :) , the phone usually connects at 3+2 or 4+1 DL/UL

vamsee

Broken In
u have se w800 wow thats a gr8 phone of 2005.
First u need u subscribe for airtel wap ie airtel one not airtel live. with airtel live u can browse only live website from ur handset. but with with airtel one u can browse wap site from handset and opera and browse from pc.
first u need to create a data account of type gprs.
Airtel one
apn airtelwap.com
username blank
passwd blank
passwd req off
allow calls automatic
ip address blank
dns add blank
authentication normal
data comp off
header comp off

internet settings
create new profile by name java
connect using airtel one
internet mode http
use proxy yes
ip add 100.1.200.99
port no 8080
username blank
passwd blank

streaming settings follow same method try airtel one or airtel live

java settings
select profile java

this should work i bet it

vamsee

Broken In
WHEN VAMSEE SAYS IT WORKS. DEFENITELY ITS WORTH HEARRING/TRYING AND OLD SAYING IS
THEY ALONE WILL RULE THE WORLD WHO RISES FROM ASHES/DUSTS.

choudang

Padawan
hey guys ... why did you spoiling time to make settings by own.....
Code:
type MO and send it to 646 --- you will get the Mobile Office Settings as per your handset

type AirtelLive and send it to 646 -- yes  -- your are guessing right -- it will give you the Airlet Live settings 

or you can go to support section in Nokia.co.in, you will get all the settings according to the Service Provider Circle Wise [means delhi circle diff from NESA circle] for all types of Handsets.

soham said:
U r never goin 2 get EDGE speed with a GPRS connection . Airtel GPRS provides a theoritical bandwith of 115 kbps . But actual speeds are much slower .

Who said that Airtel provides 115 kbps bandwidth? for you kind information all the GPRS connectivity [all network providers] are provides only 14.2 kbps bw, so you can't say that 115 kbps bw. i guess that you have seen the connection icon on toolbar, which indicates speed: 115 kbps do you know what speed i have on airtel gprs 921.6 KBps. you can increase the speed in the modem option, but thats not mean that airtel gives you that amount of b/d. using EDGE, you will get the better b/d sorry to say that i don't know the actual amount.

Again, create a normal dial up connection and surf the net, if you are using Data Cable or IrDA cable, if you are using Bluetooth, use that bluesoil for connectivity, no need to hve PC Suite for connectivity. Bluesoil Bluetooth driver is not supported by Nokia PC Suite [as per i know, cuz i failed to connect, success with microsoft]

vamsee

Broken In
i request every one to be clear what they say.
firtst thing is kbps is different from kBps because
1byte = 8 bits ie 1kBps = 8 kbps
second gprs therotical connectivity says 115kbps but in practical the speed depends on service provider. for eg if u have 10/100mbps lan card that does not mean u get 10-100mbps. I connect by airtel one wap connection to my pc i get practical 50kbps average. sometimes upto 80 or 100 kbps for very little period.
third is you may have 100tbps connection ie it may be gprs/edge/personal lan/wlan/wwan/wman whatever type practical speed is always important. there are various softwares available to chech the speed. one such is du meter.
fourth is it does not matter that u have edge or gprs connection its practical speed availability. gprs provides speed upto 115kbps or 156kbps theoritically which is not being matched by any mobile service provider. but edge provides 320-450kbps speed. THE HITCH IS WHATS USE OF EDGE WHEN THEY CAN NOT USE MAX BANDWIDTH PROVIDED BY GPRS?

edge in india is at priliminary stage and few mobiles support. hence there is no use going for edge untill operator provides > 150kbps speed

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hey warrior to use the bluesoleil drivers with PC suite you need to download the latest drivers from bluesoliel's website. The drivers included with the bluetooth dongle have some bug so that they are unable to work with PC suite. Upgrade the drivers and they will work fine.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Hey WARRIOR,........u from GUWAHATI? ........which part??
.........& do u USE....AIRTEL"MOBILE OFFICE" GPRS,that cost a rental usage of Rs.250 on a prorata basis???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom